TORONTO — It will be a jam-packed summer for Contiki next year when it launches its highly anticipated Europe Summer 2018/19 program. In addition to 26 new trips, the tour operator will introduce its first foray into river cruising with the launch of U by Uniworld, as well as a new “revolutionary” travel style called ‘Independent Insider’, which will replace its current ‘Easy Pace’ style.
The program will also include an increased emphasis on culinary offerings through a partnership with social eating platform VizEat, as well as the increasingly popular ‘Limited Edition Series’ trips that give Canadians an even closer look into local cultures.
“Europe was the birthplace of Contiki 55 years ago, and it remains a leading destination for young adventurers,” said Gabrielle Nydam, president of Contiki Holidays Canada. “We celebrate 35 years in Canada this year and by developing over 26 new and improved itineraries for 2018, we are demonstrating not only the constant innovation we bring to our European experiences, but also our dedication to young Canadians from coast to coast to coast. No matter what type of traveller your client might be, if they’re 18-35, Contiki has a European trip for them.”
The Europe Summer 2018/19 program includes the following highlights:
- Independent Insider: This new travel style offers clients more freedom and flexibility. Itineraries are based in Europe’s most popular locations including Nice, Copenhagen, Budapest, Mykonos, the Amalfi Coast and Porto, and include hotel accommodation throughout, No Regrets Experiences and a choice of Free Time Add-Ons. Trips range from 3-13 days, with three nights in each city.
- In-Depth Explorer: There are three new and improved In-Depth Explorer trips, including the brand new ‘The Best of Britain’, a 10-day, summer-only itinerary that visits London, Liverpool, Manchester, Oxford and Cardiff. There’s also the 11-night ‘Fiestas & Siestas’ that travels to Porto, Lisbon, Madrid and Barcelona.
- High Energy: A new High Energy trip has been added: the nine-day ‘Ibiza & Beyond’. This trip kicks off in Barcelona then travels to Ibiza, Valencia and Madrid, and includes eight nights in quad-shared hotel and hostel accommodation, standard breakfasts, a cooking class in Valencia and more.
- Winter & Ski: Another new trip titled ‘Fire & Ice’ is launching in the Winter travel style. This six-day trip is based in Iceland and visits Reykjavik, Vik, Selfoss and Skaftafell. Highlights include the Blue Lagoon, horseback riding, buggy and glacier adventures and caving, with twin-share hotel accommodation throughout, all breakfast and three dinners included.
- Short Trips & Festivals: Four new Insider trips have been created as part of the Independent Insider travel style. These three-night breaks are ideal for those short on time and looking for a city escape.
- Sailing, Cruise & Beach: Contiki is offering river cruises for the first time through its sister company Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection. Designed for travellers between the ages of 21-45, U by Uniworld features sunrise yoga on deck, bikes on board, expert cocktail mixology classes and DJs on deck. There are four eight-day itineraries: ‘The Seine Experience’, ‘All in on Germany’, ‘The Danube Flow’ and ‘Rolling on the Rhine’. The summer program will also see new and updated ‘Sailing & Cruise’ trips, including the nine-day ‘Idyllic Aegean’.
To entice clients to book a Europe summer trip, Contiki is extending its Early Payment Discount program by an extra month. Now until Feb. 21, 2018, clients who book and pay in full can save up to $895 or 10% off. In addition, clients enjoy a further 5% off (the lower cost trip) with the brand’s new ‘Mix & Match’ program, where they can mix and match a selection of two Contiki trips seven days or longer.
Moreover, groups of 10 or more guests can save 10% off (or the 11th person travels for free), 7.5% with seven or more guests, and 5% with four or more.