MISSISSAUGA, ON — Collette Vacations is releasing its 2014-2015 Explorations brochure that caters to groups of no more than 28 travellers.
This product line consists of 14 itineraries that take travellers on personal adventures to less-toured historical sites and intimate restaurants with stays in unique accommodations.
• Italy’s Treasures – 12 days/from $3,549: When in Stresa, travellers choose how to spend the day. They cruise on scenic Lago Maggiore past islands, villas and historic palaces and visit the impressive Borromean Palace. Or visit an ancient village nestled in the mountains, with a stop at a local farm to sample their artisanally-produced cheeses paired with the region’s delicious wines.
• Tuscan & Umbrian Countryside – 11 days/from $2,949: Travellers pay a visit to a country restaurant housed in a 16th century farmhouse. The chef here provides a hands-on Umbrian cooking lesson.
• Countryside of the Emerald Isle – 11 days/from $2,449: Travellers experience Irish life when joining hosts for a stay in an authentic Irish farmhouse B&B. They explore the property, get to know the owners and enjoy a homemade traditional dinner.
• Colors of Provence – 10 days/from $2,849: Travellers visit Grasse where perfumes have been prepared since 1747. They learn the secrets of perfume making when touring the Galimard Perfumerie. There they meet the Master Perfume Maker for an in-depth workshop to create their very own perfume.
• Discover Portugal’s Treasures – 12 days/from $3,049: Travellers enjoy 10 nights of accommodations in Portugal’s famous pousadas (historic lodgings). They also experience four wine cellar visits with tastings including Muscatel, Port, sparkling Raposeira and Alentejo wines.
• Inspiring Iceland – 9 days/from $2,399: Travellers create their own adventure from going deep sea fishing or exploring Icelandic landscapes on horseback to soaking in mineral rich natural baths or taking a lava cave hike.
• The Plains of Africa – 14 days from $3,849: Travellers spend two nights at the famous Fairmont Mt. Kenya Safari Club, once William Holden’s private retreat. They see a Rothschild giraffe up-close and feed them from a raised platform.
• Exploring South Africa, Victoria Falls & Botswana – 14 days/from $4,317: They enjoy seven wildlife safaris in search of the Big Five. Travel along the coast to the charming seaside village of Hermanus for a winery tour and lunch.
• Three Kingdoms of Indochina – 19 days/from $3,499: Travellers experience an overnight cruise on a luxury junk boat in Halong Bay. They also wake at dawn and offer alms to hundreds of saffron-robed monks in Luang Prabang.
• Mysteries of India – 15 days/from $2,649: Travellers enjoy a two-night stay at the restored Fateh Garh Palace. In Ranthambore National Park, they embark on a game viewing drive by canter, an open-air vehicle.
Australia & New Zealand
• A Down Under Adventure – 24 days/from $7,399: Travellers cruise the Daintree River to search for fearsome saltwater crocodiles. At the Mossman Gorge, members of the Kuku Yalanji tribe introduce travellers to their traditional lifestyle when walking together through their ancestral lands.
South & Central America
• Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands – 10 days/from $4,359: Travellers disembark on the volcanic black sand beach of Urbina Bay. Visit Egas Port and observe giant tortoises, Sally Lightfoot crabs, land iguanas and flightless cormorants. They visit Salinas for a lunch featuring regional specialties and Afro-Ecuadorian music and dance.
• The Galapagos Islands & Machu Picchu – 14 days/from $6,109: Travellers board a panga to visit Gardener Bay to swim with marine life including manta rays and white-tipped sharks. They overnight at the base of Machu Picchu.
• Costa Rica: A World of Nature – 14 days/from $2,149: Travellers choose from three excursions. They can experience a one-of-a-kind combination of pure air and rainforest on a ‘hanging bridges’ tour. Or, choose to go to Arenal Volcano Rainforest for a zip-line canopy tour. Or, soak away worries in the soothing waters of one of the region’s famous hot springs.
To learn more, agents can call 1-800-468-5955 or visit collettevacations.ca.