TORONTO — It may still be summer but already more than a few winter sports enthusiasts are dreaming of schussing down powder snow ski runs – or maybe partaking in the après-ski scene. Clients can turn those dreams into reality and hit the slopes close to home or overseas at one of Club Med’s acclaimed all-inclusive ski resorts.
Not only that, but Canadians can also enjoy savings on ski packages for a long-awaited mountain escape, including at the brand-new Club Med Québec Charlevoix, Club Med’s first-ever four-season all-inclusive mountain resort in Canada.
Club Med, the pioneer of the all-inclusive vacation concept, says it’s delighted to be making those long-awaited ski vacations more accessible to Canadians this season, with major sales and new resort openings.
For the first time, Club Med will make dream mountain getaways happen right here in Canada with the opening of Club Med Québec Charlevoix on Dec. 3, 2021.
The brand’s first and only Canadian resort joins Club Med’s broader collection of ski properties, including the newest resort in the Alps, Club Med La Rosière and fan favourites Club Med Les Arcs Panorama and Club Med Grand Massif Samoëns Morillon.
Whether travellers are looking for a weekend getaway or an overseas adventure, they can take advantage of Club Med’s all-inclusive packages with the Ready, Set, Ski Sale of up to 45% off, on now through Sept. 1, 2021.
Club Med vacations are both worry-free and high savings, with packages that include accommodations, lift tickets, group ski and snowboard lessons, après-ski activities, all-day dining and Children’s Clubs and Teen Programs that take care of youth ages four months* to 17.
Plus, with travel restrictions across the country gradually lifting, Canadians looking to travel internationally can enjoy an all-inclusive vacation at any of Club Med’s 20+ low-density ski resorts located across the French, Swiss and Italian Alps as well as in China and Japan.
CLUB MED QUEBEC CHARLEVOIX
Just 90 minutes away from Québec City in the Charlevoix region, the four-season all-inclusive mountain resort is spread across 300+ acres among a preserved untouched landscape and features sweeping views of the scenic St. Lawrence River.
- Accommodations: With 302 rooms and a private Exclusive Collection (5-Star) luxury space featuring 25 suites, the resort offers spacious accommodations designed to echo the character of the region. Superior rooms channel the colours of Québec with winter white, twilight blue, and yellow sun décor, while other rooms feature elements like blond wooden floors and lofty ceilings akin to the warmth of the region’s ancestral homes. Nestled at the top of the resort, the Exclusive Collection space offers incredible views, exclusive amenities and all-inclusive premium services, such as concierge support, breakfast room service, a dedicated bar with daily evening champagne offerings and an exclusive lounge with a roaring fireplace and cozy seating options surrounded by the picturesque St. Lawrence River landscape.
- Dining: Guests at Club Med Quebec Charlevoix can choose from three signature dining concepts: the main restaurant, Le Marché, the family restaurant, Terroir & Co and the gourmet lounge, Le Chalet. Le Marché sits at the heart of the resort, featuring an expansive selection of local and international cuisine. Five dining spaces each celebrate different gastronomical elements tied to Québec: hunting, fishing, agriculture, foraging, and livestock farming. In the evening, Terroir & Co, transforms into a family restaurant where kids and parents will enjoy preparing meals full of fondue and raclette, local Québec cheeses, charcuteries, freshly baked cookies and their famous maple taffy. Guests seeking a more intimate dining experience will tantalize their taste buds at Le Chalet, a gourmet lounge featuring spectacular views for guests to marvel at as they indulge in locally inspired cuisine. Le Chalet will also feature a sophisticated lounge bar, wine cellar and boutique gourmet shop, where guests can purchase local delicacies to bring home.
- Activities + Experiences: In addition to the included perks provided by Club Med’s all-inclusive package, like accommodations, unlimited meals and beverages plus daily entertainment, guests can also enjoy emblematic Québec activities like ice-skating, dog sledding and sugar shack visits in the winter and biking, guided hiking tours, and whale watching in the warmer months. Guests can also participate in the Club Med Amazing Family programming.
- All-New Spa Concept: The Club Med Spa by Sothys will feature a sauna and a 100-square-metre terrace with a jacuzzi – both overlooking the pristine Charlevoix region. Nordic spa-inspired treatments will also be available, including the signature Cold & Hot Therapy Pathway.
CLUB MED LA ROSIERE
For clients looking to go farther afield, Club Med La Rosière in the French Alps is an all-inclusive ski resort with sweeping 180-degree views of the surrounding region and unlimited ski-in/ski-out access in the heart of Espace San Bernardo, well-known for its bountiful sunshine and snow cover.
- Accommodations: With 395 spacious rooms emanating the cozy atmosphere of a refined alpine Chalet, Club Med La Rosière offers a variety of accommodation styles catered to all travellers, including some interconnecting rooms for larger groups and others with private balconies for guests to take in the surrounding landscape.
- Dining: Club Med La Rosière has two signature dining concepts: San Bernardo Gourmet Lounge features a bar, wine cellar, and terrace, and offers all-day table service with a subdued and intimate ambiance once night falls; while Le Mont Valaisan features five expansive dining areas surrounded by rustic, wooden partitions, and mountain life-inspired design – including one section specifically dedicated for families, surrounded by glistening snow globes and flowers. Guests will rejoice in the culinary masterpieces served here, which blend Italian and French cuisine – an ode to the resort’s location as it sits where the two countries meet.
- Activities + Experiences: Unlimited outdoor activities include skiing and snowboarding with complimentary lift passes and lessons, along with Nordic walking and snowshoeing, mountain-facing yoga workshops, and a panoramic walkway offering 360-degree views over the highest peak of the Alps. After a day on the mountain, kids can play at the Children’s Clubs, while adults relax at the Club Med Spa by Cinq Mondes, featuring a steam room, a heated indoor pool equipped with high-speed jets and a relaxation room with stunning views of the Tarentaise Valley.
“PEACE OF MIND IS A DESTINATION”
Club Med notes that after a year full of uncertainty, “the key to a successful holiday is flexibility and safety.”
With an increasing number of travellers making last-minute vacation decisions, the brand’s Flexible Cancellation Policy allows guests to make short notice changes to bookings, while the Emergency Assistance Program provides travellers with medical coverage in case of emergency during their stay. This includes any issues related to COVID-19 and is combined with Club Med’s Safe Together Program, which focuses on enhanced hygiene and safety measures.
Here are more details …
Flexible Cancellation Policy: For all new bookings, Club Med guests can receive a full refund of their all-inclusive packages (including airfare if their flights were booked with Air Canada, Air Transat or WestJet) if a cancellation is needed.
Emergency Assistance Program: All clients travelling before Dec. 31, 2022 will be provided with coverage for emergency medical expenses during their stay, including those related to COVID-19, such as missed flights, repatriation and hospitalization expenses.
Safe Together Program: With a trained team providing ongoing support, Club Med has implemented enhanced safety and hygiene protocols across all resorts worldwide. New measures include temperature checks on arrival and periodically during the stay; protective face coverings for staff; hand sanitizer available throughout the resort; deep cleaning and frequent sanitizing of surfaces and facilities; capped resort capacity and medical staff available 24/7 in the resort. Seating arrangements in the dining rooms have also been modified to allow guests to distance themselves and dine with complete peace of mind.
For more details see www.ClubMed.ca.