TORONTO — Club Med is inviting all travel agents to register for its webinar about new hygiene and safety measures in the wake of COVID-19.
Taking place on June 2 at 12:30 p.m., the webinar will highlight the health and safety protocols that Club Med has and will be implementing across its resorts.
To register go to https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4647948318950974220.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, Club Med has temporarily suspended resort operations as follows:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay: until June 12, 2020
- Club Med Punta Cana: until June 30, 2020
- Club Med Michès Playa Esmeralda: until June 30, 2020
- Club Med Cancún Yucatán: until June 30, 2020
- Club Med Ixtapa Pacific: until June 30, 2020
- Club Med Turkoise: until June 30, 2020
- Club Med Columbus Isle: until June 30, 2020
- Club Med Caravelle: until July 4, 2020
- Club Med Buccaneer’s Creek: until July 4, 2020
Guests who have an existing reservation for any resort that has been closed at the time of their planned stay will receive:
- A future travel credit for 100% of the paid land costs, valid for two years from the original date of travel to any resort worldwide of their choice
- Once they rebook a future stay, if the future travel credit value is higher than the cost of their new booking, Club Med will issue an additional future travel credit for the remaining balance, to be used within two years from the original date of travel
- If a guest booked an air-inclusive package with Club Med, they will receive a credit with the airline based on the carrier’s specific policies. Those who did not book their airfare with Club Med are encouraged to contact the air carrier directly to cancel their flight before time of departure.
For more information about Club Med’s free cancellation policy and Best Rate Guarantee, go to https://www.clubmed.ca/l/revisedcancellationpolicy.