To help travel agents reassure client concerns about the Coronavirus, TICO has issued a special Registrar Bulletin that includes relevant tips and information.
WASHINGTON D.C. — Agents can now enroll in CLIA’s Travel Agency Membership and Individual Agent Membership programs, both of which help members attract more clients and increase their earnings.
Travel Agency Membership (TAM) is open to travel agencies, while Individual Agent Membership (IAM) is open to travel agents associated with a 2020 CLIA Travel Agency Member. Membership to both is valid through Dec. 31, 2020.
“The extraordinary response to CLIA membership in 2019 — resulting in the largest and most qualitatively strong membership roster in CLIA history — is a clear indication that CLIA credibility and member benefits are what travel professionals need and want,” said Charles Sylvia, ECC, Vice President, Membership and Trade Relations, CLIA. “As we launch 2020 open enrollment, our team has once again put together a benefits portfolio designed to help members reach their full potential in cruise sales. Thank you to our loyal members. It is a privilege to serve you.”
Here’s an overview of membership benefits:
• Booking credentials: Travel Agency Members’ CLIA Industry ID Number is their key to booking directly with CLIA’s cruise lines and partners.
• 2020 CLIA EMBARC ID: All Individual Agent Members receive this ID, the official credential of the global cruise industry. It provides preferred member pricing for Cruise360 and other events as well as access to CLIA member benefits, including cruise line and partner commissions.
• Professional development: CLIA development and training programs are rated the best in the industry and are available in a variety of formats that easily allow members to polish their skills or become certified through CLIA’s members-only certification programs. New for 2020, CLIA is adding Virtual Courses plus a new series of professional development webinars focused on managing business.
• Bonus commissions & personal travel discounts: Travel Agency Members and Individual Agent Members receive more than $3,000 in cruise line bonus commissions.
• Exclusive Members-Only Discounts: Members enjoy discounted pricing on CLIA courses, event registrations and more. New for 2020 is the CLIA affinity program, which offers discounts on office supplies, shipping and computers.
• Connect with key cruise line, destination and industry representatives: CLIA events, including Cruise360, provide members with an opportunity to network with others in the industry while enjoying a week’s worth of professional development, ship inspections and the latest industry trends.
• Relevant and timely information: CLIA’s monthly ‘Travel Agency Cruise News’ delivers the latest information straight to their inbox the fourth Tuesday of the month. Members also receive regular CLIA emails with members-only news alerts, an onboarding series to help them make the most of their CLIA membership.
• Agent Finder: Members get listed on CLIA’s online Agent Finder to promote themselves to clients looking for knowledgeable cruise-focused travel professionals. Individual Agent Members can boost their profile by purchasing a listing, making them searchable by zip code.
For more information go to cruising.org/joinclia.