TORONTO — Launching today, Jamaica Tourist Board’s BDM team in Canada is hosting a weekly Jamaica ‘Irie’ Hour on Zoom for Canadian travel agents to reconnect virtually and learn updates about the destination.
Each ‘chill & chat’ session takes place from 2:30-3:30 p.m. ET and will feature a new special industry guest every week:
- Gavin Jimenez of Bahia Principe Resorts, May 5
- Marsha Mattos of Mystic Mountain / Jamaica Bobsled, May 12
- Sebnem Richtmann of Palladium Resorts, May 19
- Kerry-Ann Quallo-Casserly of Blue Diamond / Royalton Resorts, May 26
To register go to https://www.visitjamaica.com/canada/engage/.
And to help agents feel ‘Irie’ at home, the Jamaica Tourist Board has also included a few tropical drink recipes. Cheers!
Created by Chef Noel Cunningham
Prep Time: 2 mins
2 oz. Jamaican Rum
1 oz. Blue Curacao
5 oz. Lemonade
Garnish: Lemon or Orange wedge, fresh mint, cherry
- Pour the rum and blue curacao into a cocktail shaker and stir.
- Add lemonade to the shaker and shake vigorously for five to 10 seconds.
- Strain liquid into a glass over ice.
- Serve with a garnish of your choice. Options include fresh mint, lemon, orange and/or a cherry.