CALGARY — WestJet’s summer 2020 schedule includes more than 90 new flights from Calgary including new service to Boston starting May 14.
WestJet has added more than 300 Dreamliner departures out of Calgary in 2020, an increase of more than 52% over 2019, to key transatlantic Dreamliner routes.
By June 2020, the airline will operate more than 1,000 departures per week in peak season out of Calgary International Airport.
Also announced today, WestJet has added new nonstop WestJet Link service to Dawson Creek, B.C. In total WestJet Link will operate five routes including between Calgary and Cranbrook, Lethbridge, Lloydminster and Medicine Hat and one between Cranbrook and Vancouver this summer.
WestJet Link operations between Calgary and Prince George, B.C., will shift to year-round service on WestJet Encore’s 78-seat Q400 aircraft starting April 26.
WestJet will also begin new four-times weekly service between Calgary and Charlottetown starting June 25.
Says Arved von zur Muehlen, WestJet Chief Commercial Officer: “WestJet is focused on investing in Alberta to build and strengthen our Calgary hub. As WestJet continues on its strategic path of becoming a global network airline, we are pleased to offer our guests the ability to conveniently connect for business or pleasure across Canada, Europe and beyond this summer.”
The new schedule also includes frequency increases from Calgary to Portland, Victoria, Nanaimo, Comox, Grand Prairie, Fort McMurray, Brandon, Winnipeg, Abbotsford and Yellowknife.
Highlights of WestJet’s 2020 summer schedule include…
- Calgary-Dawson Creek, B.C., new daily WestJet Link service begins April 26
- Calgary-Winnipeg, an increase of seven weekly flights
- Calgary-Victoria, an increase of seven weekly flights
- Calgary-Nanaimo, an increase of seven weekly flights
- Calgary-Grand Prairie, an increase of seven weekly flights
- Calgary-Abbotsford, an increase of five weekly flights
- Calgary-Fort McMurray, an increase of five weekly flights
- Calgary-Comox, an increase of four weekly flights
- Calgary-Brandon, from seven times weekly to 11 times weekly
- Calgary-Yellowknife, from twelve times weekly to 14 times weekly
- Calgary-Charlottetown, new four-times weekly seasonal service begins June 25
- Calgary-Portland, from once daily to twice daily for a total of 14 weekly flights
- Calgary-Boston, new daily seasonal service begins May 14
- Calgary-Paris, from four-times weekly to six-times weekly
- Calgary-Rome, new three-times weekly service begins May 2
- Calgary-Cabo San Lucas, from twice-weekly to three-times weekly