MONACO — General sales have opened on Silversea Cruises’ new summer 2021 & winter 2021/2022 itineraries.
A total of 197 new voyages, which include calls to 528 destinations in 92 countries – 28 of which are maiden calls – will set sail between January 2021 and April 2022.
“The variety of experiences on offer is simply unparalleled and unprecedented within the industry: from the new Holy Land voyage to an enhanced overnight call in Monaco for the Monte Carlo Grand Prix, the highlights of our cruise line’s new 2021/2022 collection will appeal to all discerning travellers,” said Barbara Muckermann, Silversea’s Chief Marketing Officer.
Highlights of the new voyage collection include the following:
• Eastern Med: In summer 2021, Silver Dawn, Silver Moon, Silver Shadow and Silver Spirit will each offer the Eastern Mediterranean. Following high demand, travellers will journey to Nazareth and Jerusalem in Israel on a voyage to the Holy Land from Aug. 16, 2021, in addition to Cyprus, Turkey and Greece. The Silver Shadow will sail the Black Sea with overnights in Istanbul, Ukraine, Romania, Bulgari and Greece from Sept. 20, 2021. Plus, new 12-night voyages between Venice and Athens will include overnights in Istanbul.
• Antarctica: Two solar eclipse voyages in Antarctica will be offered as part of a 21-voyage season in the seventh continent. On Dec. 4, 2021, both Silver Wind and Silver Cloud will be perfectly positioned to allow guests to experience a total solar eclipse. Aboard the same two ships, guests will enjoy 21 voyages to a total of 41 destinations in Antarctica.
• Northern Europe: A total of 30 voyages in the region will be offered, with four circumnavigations of Iceland and many new experiences in the Norwegian Fjords. Guests will journey to a total of 122 destinations in Northern Europe on four ships. For example, on six voyages, Silver Spirit will sail the Baltic Sea and visit Tallinn and spend at least one overnight in St. Petersburg.
• Monte Carlo: On a seven-night Monte Carlo Grand Prix voyage, highlights include an overnight call in Monaco and the chance to soak up the world-famous sporting event. Another Med highlight, guests travelling aboard Silver Shadow and Silver Spirit in October 2021 will journey to the Canary Islands.
• Northwest Passage: Silver Cloud will cross the Northwest Passage on a 24-night voyage from Aug. 21, sailing between Kangerlussuaq (Greenland) and Nome (Alaska). Expeditions aboard Silver Wind will also take guests to both the northern and southern regions of Svalbard.
• Australia: For the first time ever, as part of a 12-voyage discovery of Australia and the South Pacific, Silver Explorer will sail to the Kimberley coastline from June to September 2021. Guests will discover aboriginal cave art, see wildlife, and snorkel/scuba in the South Pacific.
• Silver Dawn: The new ship will depart for its maiden voyage on Sept. 22, 2021, journeying from Civitavecchia (Rome) to Venice over nine nights. The 596-guest Silver Dawn is the sister ship to both Silver Muse and Silver Moon, and will boast all-suite accommodations, butler service, eight restaurants, and the new Sea and Land Taste program. It will be one of four Silversea ships to cruise the Med between April and December 2021.