MIAMI — Carnival Cruise Line has opened the books on Mardi Gras’ inaugural sailing schedule in 2020.
Upon completion in summer 2020, the highly anticipated ship will offer a diverse schedule featuring six- to 15-day sailings throughout Europe and the Caribbean.
Guests can choose from more than 20 different stateroom categories and multiple levels of suites, more than on any other Carnival ship. Options include Family Harbor, Havana Cabana, and Cloud 9 Spa accommodations, as well as a wide selection of suites, balcony, ocean view and interior staterooms.
“For Mardi Gras, we’ve developed some truly exciting and diverse itineraries that will provide our guests with opportunities to experience and explore top destinations in Europe and the Caribbean,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “These itineraries will serve as the perfect complement to the unique shipboard experience that Mardi Gras will offer.”
Duffy also noted that the company has begun releasing some of the new stateroom designs to its guests and travel agency partners as part of today’s announcement, and plans to share additional details over the coming weeks.
Here are some highlights of Mardi Gras’ inaugural season:
- A nine-day maiden voyage from Copenhagen to Southampton on Aug. 31-Sept. 9, 2020, calling at Keil (Hamburg), Germany; Gothenburg, Sweden; Oslo, Norway; Rotterdam, The Netherlands; Zeebrugge (Brussels), Belgium; and Le Havre (Paris), France
- A 14-day trans-Atlantic crossing from Southampton to New York Sept. 9-23, 2020, with stops at Las Palmas and Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain; and Funchal (Madeira) and Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal
- A six-day cruise round-trip from New York to Portland, Maine and Saint John, New Brunswick Sept. 24-30
- A 15-day Carnival Journeys voyage departing New York Sept. 30, 2020 and arriving in Port Canaveral, Fla., on Oct. 15, 2020, calling at Amber Cove, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Aruba, Curacao, and Grand Turk, positioning the vessel for year-round voyages to the Caribbean.
Following a special eight-day Caribbean cruise from Port Canaveral on Oct. 16, 2020, Mardi Gras will kick off its seven-day program from the Space Coast on Oct. 24, 2020, offering two different three-port, seven-day itineraries. These will alternate weekly to the eastern and western Caribbean:
- Eastern Caribbean cruises will visit San Juan, Amber Cove and Grand Turk
- Western Caribbean sailings will stop in Cozumel, Costa Maya and Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan)