GENOA — Costa Cruises has opened the books on itineraries scheduled to set sail from April 2022 to April 2023.
The cruise line, which recently pushed back its resumption date to May 1, announced many new developments to its sailing program, including longer calls in popular destinations and new shore excursions. The “longest ever” excursion, for example, will be offered in all Mediterranean ports, visiting places that are typically not usually accessed by travellers.
Here are additional highlights:
- For the 2022 summer season, Costa’s offerings will focus on the Mediterranean and north Europe
- May 2022 will see the debut of the new flagship, Costa Toscana, in the Med, which will offer week-long cruises in Italy, France and Spain with a long call in Ibiza. Sister ship Costa Smeralda will also offer week-long cruises in the western Med. Both ships are the first in Costa’s fleet to be powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG). Cruises in the western Med will also be available on Costa Pacifica, which will sail in Italy, France and Spain.
- Three ships will operate in the eastern Mediterranean with week-long itineraries. Costa Deliziosa will sail to the Greek islands with an overnight call in Mykonos. Costa Luminosa will visit the Greek islands and Croatia while Costa Magica will visit Greece and Malta.
- Four Costa ships will cruise in northern Europe. Costa Fortuna will offer two-week cruises to Iceland or, alternatively, to Ireland, Scotland and England. Costa Favolosa and Costa Diadema will depart for one-week cruises in the Baltic capitals, calling three days at Stockholm and two in St. Petersburg, as well as in the Norwegian fjords. Costa Fascinosa’s program includes 12-day itineraries to the North Cape and nine days in the Baltic Sea.
- The 2022-2023 winter season will include the return of Grand Cruises onboard Costa Luminosa. Two 50-day holidays will sail from Genoa to Buenos Aires, and from Buenos Aires to Genoa, going up the Amazon River to the heart of the Amazon. For those looking for a longer journey, the Costa Deliziosa World Tour will depart on Jan. 11, 2023 from Savona and will visit Europe, Asia, Africa and America.
- Exotic destinations will be served with a one-week itinerary in the United Arab Emirates, Oman and Qatar, as well as three different week-long itineraries in the Caribbean. Three ships will be positioned in South America with Costa Toscana, Costa Favolosa and Costa Fortuna visiting Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina.
- Closer to home, Costa Magica will offer two-week cruises to the Canary Islands and the Azores, while Costa Diadema will visit Greece and Turkey or Israel and Egypt. Costa Smeralda will continue to sail in the western Med, joined in autumn by Costa Luminosa and Costa Fortuna, offering mini-holidays. Also in autumn, Costa Fascinosa will visit Portugal and Spain, and Costa Favolosa will sail to Morocco.