MONTEGO BAY — Bookings for the new Sandals Royal Curaçao open today and Sandals Resorts International is marking the occasion with new details about the property – and new visuals too.
There’s also news of a special Grand Opening Offer with savings of up to US$1,000.
Sandals Royal Curaçao is scheduled to open on April 14, 2022.
The new property, the 16th Sandals Resort, is the first for the brand on Curacao. Formerly the Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, the property is being ‘Sandalized’ in true company fashion.
Says SRI’s Executive Chairman, Adam Stewart: “We have invested an additional US$72 million in enhancements and improvements to complete the ‘Sandalization’ process of this already stunning property, and we can’t wait for our guests to be in awe.”
SRI first announced its intentions for the Curaçao property in December 2020, however many more details about the newly renamed resort are included in today’s announcement…
- Sandals Royal Curaçao will connect the island’s natural world wonders – desert, ocean, mountains, and shoreline – with the resort experience, thanks to its positioning on 44 acres within the Santa Barbara private estate, an exclusive 3,000-acre protected preserve. Couples will discover the beauty and geographic diversity of Curaçao, known for its adventurous terrain, pristine beaches, limestone caves and capital city Willemstad, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, while still indulging in the Luxury Included Vacation experience Sandals Resorts is renowned for, says the company.
- The resort will offer 351 luxurious rooms and suites in 24 room categories. Two new signature suite categories, the Awa Seaside Butler Bungalows and Kurason Island Poolside Butler Bungalows, come complete with Tranquility Soaking Tubs, private pools, butler service, and convertible MINI Coopers complimentary for guests to drive while exploring the island. The resort is also conveniently located just 15 miles from the airport, with a west-facing position showcasing the Caribbean’s spectacular sunsets.
- Sandals Royal Curaçao will be home to the brand’s first Dos Awa infinity pool with views overlooking the sea and the rugged mountain landscape, and The Duchess, Sandals’ first-ever floating restaurant and bar, constructed from a 92-foot authentic Dutch ship.
- The resort will feature nine on-site 5-Star Global Gourmet restaurants – and eight of them are new and exclusive to Sandals Royal Curaçao. Offerings include an authentic wine and Dutch cheese bar. Couples can also dine on-the-go at three new beachside gourmet food trucks offering traditional Curaçao fare, Spanish tapas, and Asian fusion, or grab a drink at any of the resort’s 10 unique bars.
- For brides and grooms, Sandals Royal Curaçao will showcase three oceanfront wedding venues.
- The resort will also feature a luxurious Red Lane Spa with six outdoor spa cabanas and treatment rooms; expansive pools; access to the neighbouring 18-hole Pete Dye championship golf course; 38,000-square-feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space, the largest on the island; two on-site marinas and 70 dive sites, ideally suited for guests looking to join the more than 100,000 divers who have earned PADI-certification through the resort company already.
- Apart from the new destination, the sheer size of the private preserve surrounding Sandals Royal Curaçao will allow for new guest adventures, says Stewart. “At Sandals Royal Curaçao, guests will also be able to hike, bike and pick-up a picnic basket to fuel days of discovery and exploration. Pure romance. And they can continue this adventurous spirit beyond our gates where they will find a world-class destination of great restaurants, fascinating locals, fine art, and visitors from all over the world.”
GRAND OPENING OFFER ON NOW
Guests who book a stay at Sandals Royal Curaçao now through Nov. 2, 2021, will receive a special Grand Opening Offer with savings of up to US$1,000.
Sandals Select Rewards Guests will also share in this savings and can receive additional exclusive perks with their choice of a US$200 Island Routes Tour credit, US$200 Red Lane Spa credit, 5,000 Instant Sandals Select Rewards Loyalty Points, or a PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience for two (US$200 value) when booking a stay of six nights or more today through August 5, 2021.
Gary Sadler, Executive Vice President, Global Sales & Industry Relations for Unique Vacations Inc. (UVI), an affiliate of the worldwide representative of Sandals Resorts, says: “We are thrilled to make this truly remarkable resort available for bookings and to introduce Curaçao to new audiences that we know will be captivated by its beauty, the warmth of its people and the destination’s irrepressible energy.”
Adds Sadler: “We are certain our partners will love selling this hotel.”
Introductory rates start at US$341 per person, per night, and butler category rates start at US$538 per person, per night, based on double occupancy and a seven-night stay.
More information is at sandals.com, and check out this blog too: https://www.sandals.com/blog/