TORONTO — CIE Tours International is making off-season Europe even more appealing with the launch of five-day getaways to Dublin, London and Edinburgh.
Part of its Getaway Collection, the new tours run from November through March and also include an exclusive New Year’s Eve option in London and Edinburgh. All tours combine the freedom of independent travel with an expert assist from CIE Tours’ knowledgeable guides.
“It’s no surprise that travelling during the off-season has become increasingly popular,” says the tour operator. “Off-season travellers are rewarded with shorter lines, lighter crowds and lower prices, as well as unique seasonal activities.”
Highlights of the Getaway Collection include:
• Getaway: Dublin Delight – Priced from $599, this getaway allows guests to listen to buskers on Grafton Street, tour the elegant Georgian townhouses, and visit the iconic Guinness Storehouse. CIE is offering 15% off the Dec. 11 and 18, 2019 departures.
• Getaway: London Locals – Priced from $679, this tour includes such highlights as Covent Garden, ancient castles and Shakespearean points of interest. Clients can take 15% off the Dec. 19, 2019 departure.
• Getaway: Easy Edinburgh – Starting at $679, this getaway highlights the rich architectural heritage of Edinburgh, and includes a stay at Mercure Edinburgh Haymarket and a three-day pass on the hop-on, hop-off Edinburgh Bus Tour. Clients can take 15% off the Dec. 12 departure.
• New Year’s Getaway – Tartan & Toasts: Priced from $999, this tour celebrates Hogmanay – Scotland’s New Year’s Eve – in grand style. Highlights include a pint at a lively pub and fireworks over the Castle at midnight.
• New Year’s Getaway: Festivities & Fun – This tour, priced from $999, rings in the New Year in London with fireworks on New Year’s Eve and a festive parade on New Year’s Day. Clients can ice skate on one of the city’s seasonal skating rinks, visit one of its many museums or enjoy a West End musical.