TORONTO — With Black Friday fast approaching on Nov. 25, travel companies are looking to get a jump start on some of the year’s most incredible deals.
Early deals have already come in from Celebrity Cruises, CIE Tours, Costa Cruises, Cunard, Discovery Cove in Orlando, Margaritaville at Sea, Norwegian Cruise Line, and Perillo Tours.
Starting Nov. 11 through Dec. 1, Celebrity Cruises is offering a BOGO 75% off the second guest deal for nearly all sailings from Dec. 2, 2022 to April 2025. Guests can also earn up to US$200 onboard credit: $50 per person for sailings of 3-5 nights, $100 for 6- to 9-night cruises, and $200 for 10+ nights.
The offer covers a multitude of global sailings (except the Galapagos) and allows travellers to explore some of the world’s most fascinating locations, including Eastern and Western Caribbean between now and May 2023 onboard the all-new Celebrity Beyond, exotic locales like Vietnam, Japan and Indonesia with Celebrity’s return to Asia in Fall 2023, as well as the famed ‘Spice Route’ aboard the revolutionized Celebrity Millennium.
CIE Tours is offering two Black Friday deals available to book online or by phone between Nov. 14-26, 2022. Travellers can save up to 20% on select 2023 guided vacations to Ireland, Britain, Iceland and Italy (up to US$1,598 per couple). Reference code BF2022 at booking. In addition, travellers booking 2023 custom private driver vacations to Ireland, Britain and Iceland can save up to US$1,000 per person by using code BFPD22.
For Cyber Week, CIE Tours is also offering 15% off select 2023 guided vacations to Ireland, Britain and Iceland. The offer is available for online booking only between Nov. 27-Dec. 4, 2022 by using promo code CYBER1522 (restrictions apply).
Costa Cruises’ Black Friday promotion includes US$100 per person onboard credit on select departures, totalling $200 onboard credit per cabin. Cruises must be booked by Dec. 5, 2022. The $100 per person onboard spending money can be used towards a variety of experiences and amenities including specialty dining, spa treatments, shore excursions, beverages, gift shop purchases and more.
The promotion is available on the following sailings:
- Costa Deliziosa: roundtrip sailings from Trieste, Italy, for 7 or 8 days, departing Nov. 26 to Dec. 17, 2022.
- Costa Fascinosa: roundtrip sailings from Savona, Italy, for 5 or 12 days, departing Nov. 24 and Dec. 5, 2022.
- Costa Smeralda: roundtrip sailings from Savona for 8 days, departing Nov. 26 to Dec. 10, 2022; and Jan. 14, Jan. 28, and Feb. 4, 2023.
- Costa Toscana: Savona to Dubai, UAE, for 20 days, departing Nov. 27, 2022.
- Costa Pacifica: La Romana, Dominican Republic, to Savona for 16 days, departing March 19, 2023.
- Costa Firenze: Savona to Kiel, Germany, for 15 days, departing May 5, 2023.
- Costa Favolosa: Savona to Amsterdam, the Netherlands, for 15 days, departing May 14, 2023.
- Costa Firenze: roundtrip from Kiel for 8 days, departing May 19, 2023.
- Costa Pacifica: roundtrip from La Romana for 8 or 11 days, departing Dec. 18, 2022; and Jan. 8 and Jan. 22, 2023.
Go to www.costacruises.com or call the reservations department at 1-800-462-6782 for more details.
Cunard has kicked off the holiday season with Black Friday/Cyber Monday promotions, available on select itineraries sailing from September 2022 through January 2024. Voyages are available around the world on all three of Cunard’s Queens: flagship Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth.
New voyage bookings from Nov. 17 through Dec. 2, 2022 will receive an onboard credit up to $600 per stateroom and 50% reduced deposit. During the promotion, featured itineraries start at US$899 per person and include:
- Transatlantic Cross on Queen Mary 2: New York to Southampton, England, Jan. 3-11, 2023, eight nights at sea across the North Atlantic
- Alaska on Queen Elizabeth: Roundtrip out of Vancouver, July 17-27, 2023, 10 nights featuring Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay National Park with calls at Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan and more
- The Norwegian Fjords on Queen Victoria: Roundtrip out of Southampton, June 25-July 2, 2023, calls at Kristiansand, Bergen, Geiranger and Haugesund
- Golden Week in Japan on Queen Elizabeth: Roundtrip out of Tokyo, April 28-May 6, 2023, eight-night sailing with highlights that include Busan, South Korea and Fukuoka on Japan’s Kyushu Island
- Australia’s Gardening Journey on Queen Elizabeth: Roundtrip out of Melbourne, Feb. 4-11, 2023, seven nights visiting ports like Adelaide, Hobart and Port Arthur
Promo code RD8, offers apply to the first two guests per booking. Call 1-800-728-6273 or go to www.cunard.com for more details.
Discovery Cove in Orlando has announced its biggest sale of the year, with savings of up to 50% off reservations to visit the all-inclusive day resort where guests can swim with dolphins, snorkel among tropical fish and rays, hand-feed exotic birds and strut alongside flamingos. The exclusive savings event runs through midnight on Nov. 25, 2022 and is valid for visits through Dec. 31, 2023.
New this year is the addition of special savings of 30% on the SeaVenture underwater walking tour, where guests come face to fin with tropical fish and rays in The Grand Reef.
Visitors to the day resort enjoy a freshly prepared breakfast, gourmet lunch, snacks and beverages including beer and wine for those over 21 years of age. Discovery Cove has expanded its all-inclusive dining options with the addition of the Blue Bamboo Bar and Hibiscus Hideaway, two new food and beverage venues. For more information go to www.DiscoveryCove.com or call (407) 513-4600.
MARGARITAVILLE AT SEA
The Jimmy Buffett-inspired Margaritaville at Sea is holding an exclusive Black Friday Sale, available Nov. 15-27, providing access to the best availability and best rates on every sailing date through 2023. Travellers can secure sailings starting at US$99 per person, with kids sailing free, as well as receive a $25 per person Ocean View upgrade and 25% off all supplements.
Margaritaville at Sea is the only cruise line operating two-night cruises sailing from the Port of Palm Beach in Florida to Freeport, Grand Bahama Island. Go to www.MargaritavilleatSea.com.
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
NCL’s Black Friday Sale, which it refers to as its ‘Greatest Deal Ever,’ has launched earlier than ever. For the first time, from Nov. 9 to Dec. 5, the nearly month-long promotion includes the second guest sails free for any voyage on any ship across NCL’s new Norwegian Prima.
In addition, the promotion can be combined with the company’s Free at Sea offer, where travellers can choose up to the following six perks:
- Free unlimited open bar
- Free specialty dining
- Free shore excursions credits
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free airfare for the second guest when airfare is purchased for the first guest
- Discounted rates for friends and family, which offers guests three and four – regardless of age – to sail free or at a reduced rate of US$99 per person based on select sailings when sharing a stateroom with guests one and two
The Free at Sea offers including airfare provides travellers with a value of up to $3,450 in savings. For more information go to www.ncl.com.
Available on Black Friday only (Nov. 25), Perillo Tours is offering a US$500 discount per couple (US$250 discount per person) on all 2023 Perillo escorted group tours to Italy. Must use booking code BlackFri22. The offer can be booked online at www.perillotours.com or via phone at 1-800-431-1515. The offer is valid on new bookings only and cannot be combined with any other offer except pay-by-check promo.