NEW YORK — Virtuoso will host its second annual Travel Tech Summit during the 35th annual Virtuoso Travel Week this month.
Taking place Aug. 12 at ARIA Resort & Casino, the summit will be led by tech entrepreneur, investor and Virtuoso board member, Gilad Berenstein, with a focus on innovation in the travel industry with insight from including Microsoft, Hopper and Deloitte and more. The summit will also feature a showcase of 20 startup businesses in the travel tech space.
“Integrating the Travel Tech Summit as a recurring session at Virtuoso Travel Week supports our mission to constantly discover the newest technology solutions for our members and partners, allowing for efficiencies so that they can focus on what they do best – serving clients and creating exceptional travel experiences,” says Virtuoso Chairman and CEO, Matthew Upchurch. “Bringing together established and emerging tech companies during a larger event solely focused on furthering luxury travel provides us and our network with the invaluable opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation – something that is imprinted in Virtuoso’s DNA.”
Businesses participating in the Startup Showcase will be divided into four groups based on respective focus areas: Advisor & Agency Tech; Hotel, Cruise, Tour & Transportation Tech; Sustainability Tech; and AI & Emerging Tech.
Here’s a closer look at the participants in the Advisor & Agency Tech showcase …
- HyperGuest – HyperGuest is an end-to-end technology platform that facilitates seamless direct connectivity between hotels and travel companies.
- Tern Travel – Tern is a platform that purports to bring together everything advisors need to run their business with comprehensive technology.
- TravelWits – TravelWits built the first AI-enabled travel search engine to find door-to-door trips fully optimized around various user criteria while integrating the availability and prices of flights, hotels, car rentals and more.
- Tres Technologies – Travel advisors use the Tres software for integrations, automations and workflows aimed to achieve maximum benefits with minimal work.
- TripSuite – TripSuite is a VC-backed startup building the core operating system for travel agencies.