FORT LAUDERDALE — Renovations are on the way for the soon-to-be-rebranded Dreams La Romana and that means closures to certain sections of the resort, however the enhancements will be phased in over time and by section to ensure minimum disruptions for guests.
Dreams La Romana will get its new name, Hilton La Romana, an All-Inclusive Resort on Nov. 20.
In a deal announced last week and reported on Travelweek.ca, the strategic alliance between Hilton and Playa Hotels & Resorts will introduce Hilton La Romana, an All-inclusive Resort, and Hilton Playa del Carmen, an All-inclusive Resort, adding 1,269 new Hilton guest rooms to its existing global portfolio
As part of the transaction Playa Hotels & Resorts is taking over management of Dreams La Romana. Playa Hotels & Resorts has been the owner of Dreams La Romana while it was managed by AMResorts.
Also part of the deal, The Royal Playa del Carmen will become Hilton Playa del Carmen, an All-inclusive Resort.
The agreement between Playa Hotels and Hilton also includes the potential for the conversion and management of 8 additional resorts by 2025.
Following the rebranding Dreams La Romana will undergo a soft goods room renovation, says Froemming.
The first phase of renovations will close the adult-only section on Dec. 1, 2018 and scheduled to reopen on May 1, 2019.
On May 1, 2019, the family section will close with expected reopening date of Dec. 1, 2019.
“While certain elements will be closed during the renovation, we will maintain a variety of sophisticated and casual outlets and cuisines. Throughout the change in management, the majority of the staff that you have come to know, and love will also remain. The concept of Preferred Club accommodations will also remain,” says Kevin Froemming, Executive VP and Chief Marketing Officer, Playa Hotel & Resorts.
Upon completion on Dec. 1, 2019, the resort will consist of an age restricted section for guests 18 and over and a family friendly section designed for guests of all ages.
Here are details regarding future bookings:
- Guests who have booked stays before Dec. 1, 2018 will not be impacted.
- Guests booked in the Adult-Only section from Dec. 1, 2018 to April 30, 3019 can be accommodated in the all ages section or have the option to relocate to another Playa Hotels & Resorts adult-only resort/section including Dreams Punta Cana; Dreams Palm Beach; Jewel Paradise Cove; Jewel Dunn’s River
- Families booked in the All Ages section from May 1, 2019 to Dec. 1, 2019 can be accommodated at a Playa Hotels & Resorts family friendly resort including Dreams Punta Cana; Dreams Palm Beach; Jewel Runaway Bay; Panama Jack Resorts Cancun; and Panama Jack Resorts Playa del Carmen
- Adult guests booked in the family sections from May 1, 2019 to Dec. 1, 2019 will be accommodated in the adults only section or have the option to relocate to another Playa Hotels & Resorts adult-only resort/section including Dreams Punta Cana; Dreams Palm Beach; Jewel Paradise Cove; and Jewel Dunn’s River.
- Guests also have the option to cancel their booking and reschedule once the resort reopens should they choose to do so.
- Existing wedding and group bookings will be honored as is.
Agents who have any additional questions regarding rebooking are asked to contact their Playa sales representative or email@example.com.