CALABASAS, CA — AmaWaterways is launching its 2015 and 2016 wine brochure. The wine-themed itineraries take place along rivers like the Seine, Douro, Danube, Rhine and Rhone.
Designed to provide travellers with immersive experiences in each destination through an array of wine-related activities, the 7-night spring, summer and fall 2015 sailings will provide insight into Europe’s most renowned wine regions. Cruise-only pricing starts at $2,599 per person.
“AmaWaterways’ wine cruises offer exceptional experiences for avid wine enthusiasts, as well as those who enjoy the occasional glass and would love to learn more,” said Kristin Karst, executive vice president and co-owner of AmaWaterways. “Travelers will not only delight in seeing the picturesque villages and grand capitals of Europe during these special sailings, but they will also have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the rich heritage of the world’s most famed wine regions, with expert lectures and exquisite tastings.”
AmaWaterways’ 2015 Europe wine cruise itineraries include:
- Paris & Normandy – 7-night Seine River voyage through the heart of Normandy with optional 2-night land extension in Paris
- Provence & Spain – 7-night cruise through Provence with optional 3-night land extensions in Barcelona and/or Paris
- Enticing Douro – 7-night cruise through the dramatic Douro River Valley with optional 3-night land extension in Lisbon
- The Romantic Danube – 7-night cruise from Vilshofen to Budapest with optional 3-night land extension in Prague
- Melodies of the Danube – 7-night cruise from Budapest to Vilshofen with optional 3-night land extension in Munich or Prague
- The Enchanting Rhine – 7-night cruise from Amsterdam to Basel (or reverse) with optional 4-night land extension in Zurich and Lucerne.
Also featured in the brochure are AmaWaterways’ new 7-night Bordeaux voyages. Slated to debut on the Garonne and Dordogne rivers in 2016, the Taste of Bordeaux itinerary will take travellers on an unforgettable experience through this famous region in France.
In addition to AmaWaterways’ traditional shore excursions, the new wine cruises will feature distinctive tours revealing the culture and winemaking traditions of each of these regions. Tours include exclusive visits to local vineyards, historic wine cellars and winemaking seminars. The cruise hosts will bring a variety of hand-selected vintages onboard and offer food pairing recommendations to guests while leading informative discussions and tastings.
AmaWaterways’ expert chefs will perfectly pair fine wines with award-winning cuisine, bringing this culinary experience full-circle.
Travel agents already on AmaWaterways’ mailing list do not need to submit a request, as they will be receiving brochures in the coming weeks. Follow AmaWaterways on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmaWaterways and Twitter @AmaWaterways.