CALABASAS, CA — A new ship and three new itineraries are just a few high points in AmaWaterway’s 2020 Europe, Asia & Africa program, now highlighted in a newly launched brochure.
“We are always looking to innovate and add new offerings and experiences to surpass the expectations of our guests, and 2020 will be yet another amazing year,” said Kristin Karst, executive vice president and co-founder of AmaWaterways. “With a new ship, new itineraries and a continued focus on personalizing our guest experience, our loyal returning guests and first-time river cruisers have even more ways to explore the fascinating regions along some of the most iconic rivers in Europe, Southeast Asia and Africa.”
Here are a few highlights in 2020:
Launching in July 2020 is the 156-passenger AmaSiena, AmaWaterways’ 24th ship. Set to sail along the Rhine, Moselle and Main rivers, AmaSiena will feature the line’s signature twin-balcony staterooms, varied dining venues including the intimate Chef’s Table Restaurant, a Sun Deck walking track, a pool with swimup bar and a fitness room. Plus, as part of the popular Wellness Program, guests can join exercise classes – including morning stretches, core strengthening and resistance band workouts – led by a professionally trained Wellness Host.
- The seven-night ‘Magna on the Danube’, designed specifically for the AmaMagna, which made its debut in 2019, includes daytime cruising through the Danube Bend, an excursion to Schönbrunn Palace and Gardens in Vienna, and an exclusive visit to a wine festival in Spitz, Austria. Plus, AmaMagna will offer four departures to the lower Danube sailing between Budapest, Hungary and Giurgiu, Romania, with a land program extension to Bucharest and Istanbul.
- The seven-night ‘Treasures of the Main & Rhine’ onboard AmaDante and the new AmaSiena will sail from Nuremberg to Amsterdam and be packaged with an optional three-night, pre-cruise land program in Prague.
- The ‘Vineyards of the Rhine & Moselle’ itinerary onboard AmaDante and AmaSiena will sail from Amsterdam to Luxembourg. Guests can add a two-night stay in Amsterdam before embarking on a seven-night cruise through the UNESCO-designated Rhine and vineyard-clad Moselle valleys.
To meet the growing demand for its Specialty Wine Cruises, AmaWaterways has announced more than 65 hosted, wine-themed cruises for 2020, including sailings on the new ‘Magna on the Danube’, ‘Treasures of the Main & Rhine’ and ‘Vineyards of the Rhine & Moselle’ itineraries. On all these special cruises, guests will enjoy onboard lectures and wine tastings led by wine experts, as well as shore excursions with engaging culinary experiences.
NEW LAND EXTENSIONS
AmaWaterways is once again enhancing its pre- and post-cruise land programs next year, offering immersive experiences that include accommodations in top-rated hotels. New extensions include:
- Istanbul, Turkey: Those onboard the ‘Gems of Southeast Europe’ and ‘Grand Danube’ itineraries can select a new three-night land extension in Istanbul as an alternative to a four-night land extension in Bucharest and Brasov. While on the Istanbul extension, clients will visit the city’s most iconic spots and tour the legendary Topkapi Palace.
- Nice, France: On the ‘Colors of Provence and Spain’ itinerary, a new three-night land extension in Nice will also be offered as an alternative to a three-night land extension in Barcelona. Guests will explore the French Riviera and visit Aix-en-Provence, Monaco and Monte Carlo.
- Bangkok, Thailand: Available on both the ‘Riches of the Mekong’ and ‘Charms of the Mekong’ itineraries, clients can opt for this new three-night land extension that highlights Bangkok’s architectural riches, including the Grand Palace and Temple of the Emerald Buddha.
EARLY BOOKING BONUS & FREE AIRFARE
To ensure clients get the itinerary, ship, stateroom category and departure date of their choice, encourage them to book their 2020 river cruise vacations now for savings of up to $2,400 per stateroom on select departures. AmaWaterways is also offering free roundtrip airfare to Europe on select 2020 sailings. Both offers are combinable with Past Guest Savings and must be booked by Sept. 30, 2019.
To view or download the 2020 Extensive Brochure go to AmaWaterways.ca. To request a print copy, order online or call 1-800-626-0126.