MONTREAL — Air Canada has expanded its range of North America Economy fares, adding a new Comfort fare with no-fee access to preferred seats and the option to purchase other amenities such as Maple Leaf Lounge access.
The new range of economy fare types is available for purchase on flights across the Air Canada fleet, including Air Canada Rouge, for flights within North America effective today.
“Air Canada recognizes that people have different requirements when they travel, so we are expanding the range of choice for our Economy customers with our new suite of fares. Each fare type offers customers specific attributes as well as options to purchase additional benefits and amenities that vary based on the type selected, such as extra legroom, upgrade eligibility, or lounge access,” says Lucie Guillemette, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer at Air Canada.
The five Economy fare types are:
- Latitude – Fully refundable ticket; Priority check-in; two complimentary checked bags; advanced seat selection and access to Preferred Seats when available; complimentary Air Canada Bistro Voucher; same-day changes; 125% Aeroplan Miles accrual; and Maple Leaf Lounge access for purchase.
- Comfort – Same-day standby (previously only available with Latitude); advanced seat selection and access to Preferred Seats when available; complimentary alcoholic beverage; complimentary checked bag; early boarding; 115% Aeroplan Miles accrual; and Maple Leaf Lounge access for purchase.
- Flex – Ticket changes permitted for a fee; advanced seat selection; complimentary checked bag; 100% Aeroplan Miles accrual; and Maple Leaf Lounge access for purchase.
- Standard – Ticket changes permitted for a fee; advance seat selection, and 50% Aeroplan Miles accrual for transborder flights and 25% Aeroplan Miles accrual for domestic flights.
- Basic – Air Canada’s most restrictive fare option, available only for select routes and flights and for booking exclusively through Air Canada channels. Basic Economy fares do not permit changes, are not eligible for upgrades, and do not earn Aeroplan Miles. Passengers have the option to pay for checked bags, advance seat selection, and food and alcohol on board.