MONTREAL — Four new routes have been added to Air Canada’s winter sun schedule, said to be the airline’s most comprehensive ever.
This winter from Toronto and Montreal, Air Canada will be flying to Monterrey and Los Cabos in Mexico, as well as La Romana and Fort-de-France in the Caribbean. It will also be deploying a substantial increase in capacity from it Vancouver hub to Mexico, Miami, Phoenix, Las Vegas and San Diego, as well as additional flights from coast to coast to popular winter vacation destinations in Florida, Mexico and the Caribbean.
With the winter sun schedule, Air Canada is anticipating an 11% capacity increase from 2022 and plans to operate 8% more than its 2019 pre-pandemic sun schedule. Key highlights include up to 20 routes from across Canada to Florida, increased flights from across Canada to Cancun, Montreal to Palm Beach, Toronto to Fort Myers, and from Vancouver to Miami, Cancun, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta, Las Vegas and Phoenix.
“We are seeing strong, ongoing interest for winter leisure travel, and as the leading carrier from Canada to popular sun destinations with up to 683 weekly flights planned this winter, we are thrilled to add exciting new services from Toronto and Montreal to the Caribbean and Mexico and significant increases from our Vancouver hub in response to pent up demand,” said Mark Galardo, Executive Vice President, Revenue and Network Planning at Air Canada.
“With the most flights to choose from coast to coast this winter to popular leisure sun destinations and convenient travel package options through Air Canada Vacations, customers can begin booking their vacation to their preferred destination now,” he added.
In keeping with its global network strategy, Air Canada has extended several European routes to year-round, including Toulouse, Barcelona, Edinburgh, Lisbon, Rome, Madrid and Copenhagen. According to Galardo, it has also optimized its schedule to connect Europe to leisure destinations in Florida and Mexico.
Network highlights include the following:
TORONTO-MONTERREY, MEXICO (year-round)
Air Canada becomes the only Canadian airline to offer flights between Canada and Monterrey, Mexico’s third largest metropolis. Flights have been times for convenient connections between Monterrey and Europe through Toronto.
Flights from Toronto (YYZ) begin Oct. 29 o
TORONTO-FORT-DE-FRANCE, MARTINIQUE (seasonal)
Air Canada is the leading carrier between Canada and the French Caribbean, featuring new flights from its Toronto hub this winter, complementing its year-round flights from Montreal. It will offer seven weekly flights from Canada to Martinique this winter peak.
Saturday service between YYZ and FDF kicks off on Dec. 16.
MONTREAL-LOS CABOS, MEXICO (seasonal)
New flights from Montreal will complement services from Toronto and Vancouver to this popular Mexican leisure destination.
Friday flights from Montreal (YUL) to Los Cabos (SJD) begin Dec. 1.
MONTREAL-LA ROMANA (seasonal)
Sunday flights from Montreal (YUL) to La Romana (LRM) kick off Dec. 17.
INCREASED CAPACITY FROM VANCOUVER (year-over-year)
- Vancouver-Las Vegas: 14 weekly flights (up from 7)
- Vancouver-Phoenix 14 weekly flights (up from 7)
- Vancouver-Puerto Vallarta: 7 weekly flights (up from 3)
- Vancouver-Cancun: 7 weekly flights (up from 4)
- Vancouver-Miami: 6 weekly flights (up from 3)
- Vancouver-Los Cabos: 5 weekly flights (up from 3)
- Vancouver-San Diego: +110% capacity increase with larger aircraft
INCREASED CAPACITY FROM ACROSS CANADA ON KEY ROUTES (year-over-year)
- Halifax-Cancun: 3 weekly (up from 2)
- Montreal-Cancun: 14 weekly (up from 11)
- Montreal-Barbados: 4 weekly (up from 3)
- Montreal-Fort-de-France: 6 weekly (up from 4)
- Quebec City-Cancun: 4 weekly (up from 3)
- Ottawa-Cancun: 3 weekly (up from 2)
- Ottawa-Punta Cana: 4 weekly (up from 2)
- Toronto-Cancun: 21 weekly flights (up from 11)
- Toronto-Fort Myers: 21 weekly flights (up from 14)
- Toronto-Grenada: 4 weekly flights (up from 2)
- Toronto-Punta Cana: 14 weekly flights (up from 10)
- Toronto-Saint Vincent: 4 weekly flights (up from 2)
- Edmonton-Cancun: 3 weekly flights (up from 2)