LONDON, ENGLAND — Air Canada is doing its patriotic duty by bringing Canada’s national dish – The Mighty Poutine – across the pond, giving Brits the chance to experience for themselves the magical combination of french fries, cheese curds and gravy.
According to Just Opened, the airline has opened a pop-up (Nov. 3-11) in London’s Shoreditch district (56 Kingsland Road) that includes a wide menu of poutines. But purists beware – these poutines have been elevated with exotic ingredients like kimchee, bean curd and coriander, proving that the Canadian staple has quite the international reach.
Here’s the full menu:
- Montreal’s The French: Frites, confit de canard, Comté cheese, cep snow
- Toronto the 6ix: Sweet potato fries, maple-soy pork cuts, kimchee, cheese curd, green onion and mayo
- Vancouver’s Stanley Park Poutine: Pine-salted chips, Burford Brown egg, smoked cheddar, celery root gravy
- The Halifax Downstream Poutine: Chips, Canadian lobster, cheese curds, shellfish gravy
- Seattle’s Emerald City Burger Gravy: Fries, peanut-chipotle butter, hamburger gravy, Kraft Cheese, pickled gherkin
- Portland’s Vegan Chili Fries: Fries, Szechuan chilli gravy, bean curd, sesame, spring onion
- Miami’s South Beach Pollo: Corn-dusted fries, white cheese, pulled chicken, avocado
- Cancun’s Costa Maya Mole: Sweet potato fries, queso fresco, mole sauce, micro coriander
- Buenos Aires’ Chimichurri: Potato chips, grilled Provoleta cheese, chimichurri sauce
- Boston’s Loaded Crab: Chips, fresh crab, gouda cream sauce, scallions, blue cheese crumbles
To wash it all down, Air Canada is serving a selection of root beers, craft beers and Canadian wine, including ice wines from Niagara.
— Brandon Lee Hoop (@brandonleehoop) November 3, 2017
— Alexander JE Bradley (@CarnivalFR) November 6, 2017
— Tom Doyle (@TOMDOYLE_) November 5, 2017
And to uphold Canadians’ reputation for being so darn nice, all proceeds from the pop-up are being donated to the Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity.
Talk about a dream come true – you can eat poutine, learn about Air Canada’s flights and services, and help those in need, all at the same time. Save us a seat!