WASHINGTON, D.C. — Air Canada’s Mark Nasr is among an esteemed group of travel industry leaders that will work to restore traveller confidence, drive travel recovery and rebuild the global travel industry.
‘Travel Again’, a not-for-profit volunteer organization, announced its first slate ‘Policy Advisors’ representing all sectors of the industry. These advisors will provide guidance on policy priorities and initiatives throughout the coming year.
“We are excited to have this outstanding group of leaders representing all facets of our industry join us in our mission to help rebuild the global travel industry,” says Travel Again Co-Founder Mike McCormick. “This highly experienced working group will help us tackle the challenge of bringing our industry together to improve traveler confidence and work closer together to build the road to recovery.”
McCormick adds that Travel Again will advocate for efforts to unite the global travel industry in order to restore consumer and corporate confidence in travelling, and to encourage responsible government policy, both domestically and internationally. The project will focus on efforts that promote short-term recovery and help ensure longer-term sustainability in a post-vaccine world.
Here is the full list of 2020-2021 Policy Advisors:
- Stewart Alvarez, Head of Industry Affairs Americas, Amadeus
- Erica Antony, Chief Product Officer, CWT
- Craig Banikowski, Senior Manager Global Travel and Expense, REEF Technologies
- Jason Bryant, Chief Executive Officer, Nor1
- Jim Carter, Managing Director, Sales, American Airlines
- Bruce Charendoff, Managing Director, BlueWave Merchant Partners
- Ben Coleman, Head of Global Security Protective Services, Facebook
- Lotten Fowler, General Manager, Swedish Business Travel Association
- Dave Harvey, Vice President, Southwest Business, Southwest Airlines
- Kevin Iwamoto, Chief Strategy Officer, Bizly
- Kurt Knackstedt, CEO, Troovo
- Mike Koetting, Chief Product Officer, SAP Concur
- Bruce McIndoe, President, McIndoe Risk Advisory LLC
- Oral Muir, Vice President Global Distribution Channels, Hilton
- Mark Nasr, Vice President, Loyalty & eCommerce, Air Canada
- Tony O’Connor, Managing Director, Butler Caroye
- Eric Okon, COO and President, The BLS Company
- Vic Pynn, President & CEO, Pynn Enterprises
- Tobias Ragge, CEO, HRS
- Dean Sivley, President, Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection
- Thad Slaton, SVP, Global Marketing & Communications, BCD Travel
- Jennifer Steinke, Head of Global Travel, PPD
- Yukari Tortorich, Vice President of Global Travel Services, Discovery, Inc.
- Jennifer Wilson-Buttigieg, Co-President and Owner, Valerie Wilson Travel