MONTREAL — Air Canada will make it easier for Air Canada Status members to use their e-Upgrade credits when its new Aeroplan program launches on Nov. 8.
Enhancements to eUpgrades were announced by Mark Nasr, Vice President, Loyalty and eCommerce at Air Canada, who said feedback from thousands of the airline’s most frequent flyers covered all aspects of the upgrade experience.
“We’re excited to put those ideas into action ahead of the Aeroplan relaunch on Nov. 8. With these changes, we’re improving the value of eUpgrades, simplifying the program and making it easier for our status members and their travel companions to enjoy a more comfortable trip,” he said.
Improvements include the following:
- Simplified eUpgrade Request Process: Beginning Oct. 6, members or their travel agents can request upgrades when they book, or any time prior to check-in at aircanada.com or with Air Canada Reservations. When seats are available, members will clear automatically within their upgrade clearance window.
- Simplified eUpgrade Requirements: Beginning today, Oct. 2, all Air Canada fare options will be eligible for eUpgrades, with the exception of Economy Basic fares. Plus, members will be able to upgrade all Aeroplan flight rewards. Air Canada has also further simplified the eUpgrade requirements across its network and in most cases reduced the credits and add-ons required for an upgrade.
- eUpgrades for Companions: The transformed Aeroplan is built for families, with all-new features like Family Sharing and Status Pass. Members have shared how important it is to be able to share the experience of Air Canada’s premium cabins with their travel companions. With this in mind, beginning Nov. 8, when seats are available, upgrade requests for companions travelling in the same reservation will clear with the priority of the member’s Altitude status, including at the airport.
The transformed Aeroplan program will continue to offer five Elite Status levels: Aeroplan 25K, 35K, 50K, 75K and Super Elite. All of the most popular Elite Status benefits remain, along with some new, first-in-market features, including the following:
- Priority Rewards: Elite Status Members can earn Priority Rewards vouchers entitling them to 50% off the price in points (excluding taxes, third-party fees, and where applicable, a partner booking fee) on eligible flight rewards with Air Canada and its airline partners. Members with Aeroplan 35K Status or higher will automatically receive Priority Rewards when the program launches in November.
- Status Pass: Eligible Elite Status Members can share their benefits, such as priority boarding and lounge access, with friends and family members, even if they are not travelling together. Members with Aeroplan 50K Status or higher will automatically receive a Status Pass when the feature launches next March.
- Everyday Status Qualification: Beginning next year, the Aeroplan points that members earn every day from eligible retail, travel and Aeroplan credit card partners will help members reach Aeroplan 25K Status.
For more information on Air Canada eUpgrades go to https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/altitude/eupgrades.html.
For more information on Aeroplan Elite Status benefits go to https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/aeroplan/status.html.
For more information on the transformed Aeroplan program go to https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/aeroplan.html.