MONTREAL — Aeroplan members can now earn and redeem points when booking a new scenic rail journey with Rocky Mountaineer.
The new partnership, announced by Air Canada, will allow members to earn up to 20,000 bonus points for each traveller with a valid Aeroplan number when booking travel for 2021 with the iconic rail company. Members can also redeem points for vacation packages and, through their Aeroplan Elite Status or Aeroplan Premium Co-branded credit cards, upgrade their onboard Service Level or hotel accommodation.
“While spectacular from 30,000 feet above, the Rocky Mountains are even more breathtaking from the ground,” said Mark Nasr, Senior Vice President, Products, Marketing and eCommerce, Air Canada. “Aeroplan takes great pride in offering members unique and compelling travel rewards and, at a time when many Canadians plan to spend their summer holiday closer to home, our partnership with Canada’s Rocky Mountaineer opens the door to one of the world’s leading luxury experiences, right in our own backyard.”
Rocky Mountaineer’s Founder and Interim CEO, Peter Armstrong, added: “With this partnership we’re bringing together two leaders in Canadian travel. We are delighted to introduce our iconic luxury travel experience to Aeroplan members.”
Key features of the partnership include:
- Members can earn 20,000 bonus Aeroplan points per customer for booking in Rocky Mountaineer’s GoldLeaf Service and 10,000 bonus Aeroplan points per customer for SilverLeaf Service bookings for travel in 2021.
- Aeroplan Elite Status members 50K and above receive an upgrade from Rocky Mountaineer’s SilverLeaf to GoldLeaf Service, and two nights of upgraded hotel accommodations while travelling.
- Aeroplan Premium Co-Brand Cardholders will earn up to an additional point per dollar spent for a total of two points per dollar spent. Plus, they will receive an upgrade from Rocky Mountaineer’s SilverLeaf to GoldLeaf Service and two nights of upgraded hotel accommodations while travelling.
- Aeroplan Elite Status 25K and 35K members receive two nights of upgraded hotel accommodations while travelling.
- Members can redeem Aeroplan points on the Aeroplan e-Store for either dollar eVouchers starting at $50, or entire Rocky Mountaineer vacation package eVouchers.
For more information about the new partnership and available offers go to www.aircanada.com/rockymountaineer.