MONTREAL — Air Canada Vacations’ first-ever Simply the Best Awards was a smashing success, with nearly 200 Independent Travel Advisors taking part.
Taking place on Feb. 21, the virtual ceremony recognized the efforts of Independent Travel Advisors in Air Canada Vacations’ new ACV@Home Program, launched last month to provide assistance and training for travel professionals working from home.
Hosted by Krista Rothfuchs and Erminia Nigro from Air Canada Vacations, and emceed by Kelly Schmidt, the ceremony included several award categories, fun games and prizes.
The award categories showcase the efforts of an agent across several host agencies including TravelOnly, Trevello, Centre Holidays, Nexion, Independent by Flight Centre, and The Travel Agent Next Door. The categories were as follows:
- Rising Star: This category focused on advisors who have substantially grown their Air Canada Vacations sales from 2019 to 2022 and have displayed valiant effort to rise above the difficulties of the past 3 years.
- Top Diversified Sales: This category focused on advisors who have made a noticeable effort to sell across Air Canada Vacations’ diverse Sun, Europe, USA, Cruise and Canada product lines.
- Top Overall Sales: Three top agents walked away with 2 air seats to any Sun destination Air Canada Vacations offers.
- Top Group Awards: Six top producing group agents (a winner for each network)
- Top Group Sales Runner-Up: Six top group runner-up agents (A winner for each network)
“We are thrilled to be able to showcase the work of advisors within the ACV@Home program with this unique award ceremony,” said Nino Montagnese, Vice President at Air Canada Vacations. “We’re proud to be able to highlight the resiliency and determination of all Independent Travel Advisors.”