Travel may not be possible at this time due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, but that doesn’t mean we can’t start planning our next getaway. Meet AC, which represents that timeless destination of Atlantic City, is encouraging travel agents to keep Atlantic City on their clients’ radars during this time. In this week’s Take Five, we sit down with Heather Colache, CTIS, Tourism Account Director & Film Commissioner at Meet AC to discuss how the ongoing pandemic is impacting the city and how the organization is staying top of mind among travellers.
- Tell us a little about Meet AC and Atlantic City.
Meet AC is a sales organization that focuses on leisure, domestic & international group travel, meetings, conventions as well as sports and film. Atlantic City hosted 22 million visitors in 2019 which yielded a significant increase in Canadian visitation.
- How has the pandemic impacted Atlantic City and, specifically, the groups & incentives sectors?
The COVID-19 pandemic has created global impact that has affected all market segments and has had a significant impact on our destination. It may not seem like the right time to think about travel, but this too shall pass. We await your arrival in Atlantic City, but until then, we encourage you to stay home while staying connected virtually. https://youtu.be/f5_83gWhzc4
- What measures has Meet AC taken to keep promoting the destination and encourage travellers to book future travel?
Meet AC continues to engage its clients, group leaders and customers by offering virtual tours, future packages as well as featured destination videos on our Meet AC YouTube channel.
- What do you want travel agents to know at this time? What tips do you have for them to sell AC now, for travel later?
It’s important for travel agents to know that they can reach out to me to discuss future excursions, itineraries and to use the assets that can be found on our touratlatniccity.com website. Agents can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When travel restrictions are finally lifted and it’s safe for Canadians to travel once more, what can they expect to find in Atlantic City? What will be new for 2021?
Once we are able to resume travel, Canadian visitors will find Atlantic City conveniently located along the sparkling Atlantic Ocean. The destination offers a four-mile expanse of beautiful free beaches and the “granddaddy of all boardwalks.” Peppered with world-class casino resorts, spectacular dining, world-class golfing, entertainment and nightlife, luxurious spas and tax-fee shopping plus unique Boardwalk attractions, Atlantic City is a must-see destination on your next itinerary.