MIAMI — Crystal Cruises’ ‘Crystal Assured Savings’ program, now in its third week, has garnered rave reviews from travel advisors for its earning potential and ease and flexibility.
The program, launched in early April, invites travellers to make a non-refundable open booking deposit of just US$500 per person by June 30, 2020, locking in additional savings of 2.5%. Plus,
advisors earn commission on the deposit now as well as locking in new bookings for the future with full commission, less applicable savings.
Since its launch travel agents have been sharing their appreciation to Crystal for developing this source of revenue. Here’s what some of them had to say:
- “One of my clients said ‘What a great idea, let’s do this. It will give me a Crystal cruise to look forward to and I need that.’ I told my agents that this is a great way that this is a great way to promote Crystal to our clients. We can give them something to look forward to and it will help us obtain new business now,” said Ruth Turpin of Cruises Etc.
- “Crystal’s Assured Savings program is a great tool for us to use as a steppingstone to start a new conversation with our Crystal Society passengers regarding booking a future Crystal cruise. It gives them the opportunity to save money without committing to a specific sailing at this uncertain time,” said Gina Morovati of Northstar Cruises
- “I just wanted to say thank you to Crystal for being proactive in updating your new booking and cancellation or postponement terms. Truly I believe that this provides an enormous boost to our confidence as agents to recommend the Crystal product. The fact that our clients can book future sailings without fear of losing all their money if the need arises that they must cancel is HUGE! Also, your reduced deposit program and Crystal Assurance program makes getting commitments for future sailings much easier. Kudos to Crystal!” said Stephanie Spears of All Cruise Travel
- “With our extensive network of travel advisors throughout the country, we have numerous clients thinking about where to travel next year,” said Michelle Fee of Cruise Planners. “Crystal’s new Open Deposit program will give our clients extra savings in addition to other Crystal offers, as well as peace of mind knowing they have plenty of time to select their next vacation of a lifetime.”
- “Crystal Cruises always imagines programs like this to encourage clients to continue to dream about travel. Even amidst an uncertain world, travel dreaming soothes the soul and Crystal is here to help with that journey,” said Virtuoso’s Beth Butzlaff of FROSCH
- “We know we have many clients who are already dreaming about their next Crystal cruise. Now, with the new Open Booking Deposit program, guests can essentially lock down the best savings on their next cruise with a generous window to make their voyage selection,” said Virtuoso’s Mark Copus of FROSCH
Crystal’s senior vice president of marketing and sales Carmen Roig, says that the program couldn’t have come at a better time.
“We are delighted with the response to this program from our travel partners and the fact that they are seizing the opportunity to embrace the future of our industry with optimism,” she says. “We understand the challenges travel advisors are facing at the moment and remain committed to doing all we can to help them through.”
With the Crystal Assured Savings program, guests have the choice of hundreds of all-inclusive luxury sailings over nearly two and a half years, from spanning the globe aboard Crystal Cruises and cruising iconic European waterways aboard Crystal River Cruises to navigating boutique islands and yachting harbors with Crystal Yacht Cruises and exploring remote destinations both polar and tropical with Crystal Expedition Cruises.