TORONTO – Save the date! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are set to tie the knot on May 19, and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is adding to the festivities with special offerings and celebratory events.
“For more than a century, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts has welcomed members of the British Royal Family as cherished guests,” said Sharon Cohen, Vice President, Fairmont Brand Management. “For all of our guests, whether royalty, celebrities or simply intrepid and worldly explorers, Fairmont hotels create rich emotional connections and are often chosen to celebrate memorable and momentous occasions. For guests gathering to toast Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, our hotels offer a remarkable sense of place, a feeling of being part of history and a link to something meaningful, important and enduring – everything a Royal Wedding promises.”
Here’s an overview of how Fairmont plans to commemorate the Big Day:
ON THE BIG SCREEN:
- Fairmont Royal York, Fairmont Le Château Montebello, Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu and Fairmont Palliser will offer indoor luxury screening events of the wedding.
- Fairmont Jakarta is also planning a week-long wedding celebration starting May 14 with a signature afternoon tea menu, flower arrangement workshops, fashion shows and a live streaming viewing party.
- The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed Hotel is taking it up a notch with live streaming in the Palm Court that includes a ‘royal’ breakfast and a panel of experts on wedding planning, etiquette and the English royal family.
- Fairmont Banff Springs has created a signature Royal Wedding Tea menu served on weekends for the month of May.
- Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I in Barcelona is celebrating with a month-long Royal Tea throughout May complete with two glasses of Veuve Clicquot Rose and a mini wedding cake in honour of the Royal Couple.
- Fairmont Singapore will host an exclusive daily Royal Afternoon Tea beginning May 14 at the famed Anti-dote Lounge, presented in a white leather jewellery chest with a choice of a royal-inspired cocktail.
- The Savoy’s Royal Afternoon Tea begins on May 1 along with ‘The Royal Welcome’, a signature cocktail to mark the occasion. The Royal Welcome features an aromatic blend of Italicus Rosolio di bergamotto, Bombay Sapphire gin, Champagne syrup, yuzu, peychauds bitters and English sparkling wine.
- Fairmont St Andrews promises a day to remember with a royal afternoon tea and a live screening of the wedding in the Atrium Lounge, where the centrepiece will be an oversized wedding cake flavoured with lemon elderflower. Guests will be able to take a slice home with them in a branded box.
- Fairmont Empress will host an exclusive tea throughout May featuring Meghan Markle’s favourite tea – a special blend of licorice and green tea. The hotel will also offer signature cocktails in the Q Bar paying homage to the happy couple.
- Since opening its doors in 1907, Fairmont San Francisco has carried on a storied tradition of receiving royalty from around the world. It will offer guests an exclusive Prince & Princess Penthouse Package, featuring a one-night stay in the 6,000 square-foot Penthouse suite. The hotel has even partnered with sister property, The Savoy, to provide its esteemed butler service straight from London.
- Fairmont Copley Plaza will host a ‘Royal Wedding Viewing Party Breakfast’ on May 19 where guests are encouraged to dress in their royal best. They’ll also have the chance to win a stay at sister property The Savoy.
- Fairmont Washington D.C., Georgetown has created a two-night ‘Royal Wedding Guest Package’, including roundtrip airfare from anywhere in the U.S. for two guests and two canine companions, with accommodation in the hotel’s Royal Suite with a personal chef and an invitation to the Royal Garden Party.
- For those looking to host their own Royal Wedding, Fairmont Peace Hotel has created the ‘Royal Wedding Package’, complete with two nights in the Sassoon Presidential Suite, private set dinner and afternoon tea in the suite, spa treatments, royal attire, styling services and more.
- For newlyweds looking for adventure, Fairmont Zimbali Resort has created a ‘Honeymoon Package’.
- Couples looks to honeymoon in style can also book the ultra-luxe ‘Royal Princess Spa Package’ at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess.
For more information go to fairmont.com/meetings-weddings/weddings/.