The position’s primary purpose is to maximize Tailor-Made Sales across The Intrepid Group. The Tailor-Made team create amazing itineraries focused on Sustainable Experience Rich Travel. They work with travellers and travel agents across North America to create and sell unforgettable adventures. The Tailor-Made TL leads the team to ensure a high level of customer service is provided throughout the sales process, working with PEAK DMC and third-party operators to ensure competitive pricing and margins. They will be responsible for booking trips as wells as leading the team: implementing policies and procedures, coaching, developing, and training. They are responsible for monitoring and reporting on performance to ensure profitability of the department. As a part of the Sales Leadership team, the Tailor-Made Team Leader assist the Sales Manager across the broader sales team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Team management experience
• Extensive knowledge of Tailor-Made group travel
• Travel consulting experience
• Proven strong leadership abilities
• Proven sales skills
• Personal and/or professional travel experiences in Intrepid destinations
• Management training and/or qualifications advantageous
• Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong knowledge and experience in a CRM preferably Salesforce
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Outstanding time management, organizational skills & attention to detail
• Committed to exceptional standards of customer service
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong problem solving & decision-making abilities • Strong technical skills and a digital mindset with a short learning curve for new software and applications • Flexible, adaptable and able to champion changes
• Ability to work autonomously
• Capacity to manage resources and budgets
• Understanding of cross-department dependencies & ability to work productively with all areas of the business
• Show solid and proactive initiative to acquire product knowledge and improve product and processes • Excellent escalation management skills
• Able to meet departmental, project and company deadlines
• An understanding of and belief in our Responsible Travel philosophy
• Friendly, flexible, adaptable, responsible & reliable
• Strong knowledge of and passion for the Intrepid style of travel
• We support sales across all of North America, and may be required to work evenings and weekends.
• As a team member of the North America sales teams, it is important to note that we require flexibility in your
role. You may be required to take on tasks outside your usual role as required by the region or the wider sales
and customer service team.
• The travel industry is demand-led, and workloads differ throughout the year. During busy periods annual leave
may not be permitted.
• Toronto Offices are open on public holidays except for Christmas Day.
• You will be required to attend sales meetings, regional meetings or global meetings potentially outside your
normal shift hours.
• You may be required to attend company meetings offsite.
• You may be required to attend travel trade shows.
*** Due to the current lockdown measures, this role will be onboarded virtually and will be a work from home role until the time we can safely return to the office environment***
Apply here: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?company=intrepidgr