Travel inspiration can come from anywhere, including on social media. And with over 400 million users a month who share over 80 million images a day, Instagram has become a driving force in the travel industry.
The popular app recently released its top 10 most geotagged locations for 2015, places that users have snapped, shared and tagged with their coordinates. California scored the top two spots, with locations as far as Moscow rounding out the list.
Here is the complete list:
1. Disney Properties
2. Universal Studios Properties
3. Times Square, New York City
4. Central Park, New York City
5. Eiffel Tower, Paris
6. Louvre Museum, Paris
7. Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
8. Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica
9. Madison Square Garden, New York City
10. Red Square, Moscow