TORONTO — Partnering with Wine Australia and Australian Chef John Placko, Tourism Australia has launched ‘Restaurant Australia’.
The campaign hopes to bring the reputation Australia has in the culinary world to the consumer and open up new markets for tourism in Australia and wine sales aboard.
“Australia’s food and wine itself is world class, thanks to the range and quality of fresh ingredients and the influence of Australia’s multicultural population which has produced a diverse, innovative cuisine,” states Tourism Australia’s Jane Whitehead, Vice President, the Americas.
The events have been taking place in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal and includes local restaurants, provincial liquor stores and online. The remaining events include:
- Spin Club – Toronto – Australian themed ‘Shhh’ menu for the month of January
- El Gastronomo Vagabundo – Toronto – Special Australian dish on Canada’s first mobile food truck for the month of January
- King Edward Hotel – Toronto – Australian themed bar menu (at the Consort Bar) served from noon to 10 p.m. for the month of January.
- Mono Cliffs Inn – Toronto – Australian themed menu from Thursday to Sunday for the month of January.
- Chill Winston – Vancouver – Australian-themed menu.
For more information on Australia visit australia.com.