TORONTO — The Travel Industry Council of Ontario has sent out a reminder about its AGM taking place next month.
The AGM will be held at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, June 26 at the Corporate Event Centre, 5110 Creekbank Road in Mississauga.
On the agenda for the AGM are:
- Receiving the financial statements for the previous financial year, together with the Auditor’s Report;
- Receiving and considering the Annual Report;
- Appointing the auditors for the Corporation and authorizing the Board of Directors to fix the auditor’s remuneration;
- Considering and ratifying amendments to Articles 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 of TICO By-law No. 1, which were approved by the Board of Directors of the Corporation. The amendments would eliminate the Executive and Compensation Fund Committees; reduce the size of the Board from 15 Directors to 11 Directors by reducing by one the number of Directors appointed by the Minister, appointed by the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies, appointed by the Canadian Association of Tour Operators and elected by Registrant Members; reference a Competency Matrix as part of the criteria for board members; increase the term of appointed directors; decrease the term of elected directors; clarify some of the financial provisions; clarify the definition of ‘associated with’ and eliminate the definition of ‘Trustees’; remove transition provisions and update section numbers as a result of the above changes;
- Announcing the successful candidate for the position on the TICO Board of Directors; and
- Transacting such other business as may properly come before the meeting.
To view the By-law Amendment Resolution, click here.
Only members in good standing are entitled to participate in and vote at the meeting, says TICO. Members of the public are also invited to attend.
The deadline for providing written notice of any motions to be made at the meeting has now passed.
Members who will not be attending the meeting are invited to submit written requests for proxies. Copies of the audited financial statements as at and for the fiscal period ended March 31, 2018 will be available at the AGM and may be requested in writing prior to the meeting. Further information about the proposed By-law changes is available on TICO’s website at www.tico.ca or may be obtained by calling (905) 624-6241 or 1-800-451-TICO.