TORONTO — Jacco Tours (Ontario) Inc. located in Markham, ON had its registration under the Ontario Travel Industry Act, 2002 revoked effective July 14, 2022.
Jacco Tours (Ontario) Inc. operated as both a travel retailer and travel wholesaler with several branches across the Toronto area, and primarily sold tours to China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia. This travel agency and tour operator is no longer in business.
TICO’s closure advisory for Jacco Tours (Ontario) includes tips for travel agencies and clients.
Ontario travel agencies that booked clients on a tour through Jacco Tours (Ontario) Inc. are asked to review the information below to assist eligible clients with their claims against the Ontario Travel Industry Compensation Fund.
For consumers affected by the closure of Jacco Tours (Ontario) Inc.:
Who can file a claim with the Ontario Travel Industry Compensation Fund:
- Consumers who purchased their travel services directly from Jacco Tours (Ontario) Inc. (Ontario registered travel retailer) and who have not travelled and/or have future travel credits or an outstanding refund:
- Consumers who purchased travel services directly from Jacco Tours (Ontario) Inc. and who have future travel credits or have not received a refund for cancelled travel services may request a claim form from TICO. Call 1-888-451-8426 or (905) 624-6241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consumers who purchased Jacco Tours travel services through an Ontario registered travel agency (other than Jacco Tours) and who have future travel credits or have not received a refund for cancelled travel services should contact their travel agent for information and assistance. Consumers may also request a claim form from TICO against the Comp Fund. Call 1-888-451-8426 or (905) 624-6241 or email email@example.com.
- Consumers who purchased Jacco Tours travel services from a travel agency located outside of Ontario. As TICO notes, unfortunately there is no provision under Ontario Regulation 26/05 of the Travel Industry Act, 2002 for a consumer to claim on the Comp Fund if they purchased travel services from an out-of-province travel agency. TICO can only recommend that these clients contact the travel agency they purchased from for further assistance.
TICO is also advising agents and consumers that there is a legislated six month filing deadline for claims on the Compensation Fund. The filing deadline date is Jan. 16, 2023.
Claims received by TICO after the filing deadline date will not be valid.
Filing a claim against the Comp Fund:
TICO is also reminding agents and consumers that the legislation requires claimants to explore all other possible options for reimbursement as part of the claims process. Claimants who paid by credit card and who were charged by Jacco Tours for their travel services not provided, are required to do the following:
- Contact their credit card company and dispute the Jacco Tours charge and request a refund (credit/reversal of the charge on their account)
- If for some reason the credit card company refuses to provide a credit refund, the traveller will be required to obtain a letter from the credit card company stating that a credit refund will not be provided
- The letter from the credit card company must be submitted with the claim against the Comp Fund
- If they are unable to obtain a refund (chargeback) from the credit card company or obtain all the documentation required to substantiate the claim in a timely manner, TICO asks that the claim form be submitted to TICO prior to the filing deadline date.
- Any additional documentation that is required to complete the claim can be sent to TICO when it is obtained.
For further questions contact TICO at 1-888-451-8426 or (905) 624-6241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.