TORONTO — TPI is calling its mid-year conference a “great success,” with over 30 supplier partners and 350 attendings coming together virtually to discuss ways on building future success.
The two-day conference included partner networking sessions and featured presentations led by various suppliers, including: Nino Montagnese, Vice President, Air Canada Vacations; Gary Murphy, Co-Owner & Senior Vice President, Sales, AmaWaterways; Vicki Freed, Senior Vice President of Sales, Trade Support and Service, Royal Caribbean International; Rob McChlery, Partner, Senior Associate, Investors Groups; and keynote speaker Geraldine Ree.
Three Advisor Panel sessions also took place that included the topics ‘Advisor Efficiencies with Technology,’ ‘Leading forward to Groups’ and ‘Activate your Brand Story.’
Saying that the organization has “missed out on so much” over the past 15 months, TPI’s CEO, Zeina Gedeon, called for all members to take the lessons learned throughout the pandemic and apply them as they focus on moving forward.
“The Head Office support team is ensuring the needs of our existing and future advisors with every program launched and decision made,” said Gedeon. “We will continue to innovate and introduce new programs that are purposely built to drive business and efficiencies for our advisors.”
Since the start of the pandemic TPI has worked tirelessly to engage its network and keep members informed. Its long list of initiatives includes:
- Holding Advisor commissions and Velocity levels for two years
- Partnering with Morneau Shepell to introduce a free Advisor Assistance Program that ensures access to mental wellness resources
- Launching booking and customer information forms with Terms & Conditions program
- Introducing a self-service portal that allows TPI advisors to easily charge service fees
- Developing the TPI@Home portal/COVID-19 website
- Partnering with Sandra McLemore of Travel & Marketing Media, which offers free monthly sessions exclusively to TPI advisors to enhance their marketing knowledge
- Launching a company talk show and hosting over 160 episodes of the Z&C Show
- Launching its first-ever Sustainability Travel Community
- Publishing an e-book that focuses on how to navigate out of the crisis
- Launching a TPI cookbook
- Hosting a TPI Virtual Conference in November 2020 with over 400 attendees
- Hosting 25 virtual consumer events that allow advisors to connect with their clients
- Conducting over 1,500 outbound calls to advisors
- Raising over $2,000 for breast Cancer awareness during the TPI Walktober Challenge
- Raising over $1,000 for Planeterra Trek
Gedeon added that while the conference was a success, nothing beats “in-person connection,” which is why TPI is planning on conducting in-person ‘Fall Connections’ with its advisors across the country in October.
TPI’s 2022 Conference will be held in person next year from May 1-5.
Register Now! Travelweek’s ‘Future of Travel: Sunnier Days Ahead’ will take place Wed. May 19, from 1 – 3 p.m. Click here to register now, travelweekfutureoftravel.com