LAKE BUENA VISTA — It’s tough for Canadians to travel to Florida right now but with 18 months of celebrations coming up at Walt Disney World Resort, there’s plenty of time for some Disney magic.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration” starts Oct. 1, 2021, marking 50 years since Walt Disney World Resort officially opened to guests for the first time.
In the five decades since, the vacation destination has dazzled and delighted millions and millions of visitors with new stories, characters and attractions.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration” is an 18-month event that includes new experiences at the resort’s four theme parks and beyond.
Park execs say shimmering EARidescent décor will appear as if by magic with the celebrations, and Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park will add to its royal makeover from 2020 with new gold bunting, sparkling golden embellishments and other new enhancements, including a 50th anniversary crest.
- Here are some of the highlights of the park’s ‘Beacons of Magic’ …
- New 50th anniversary decor for Cinderella Castle in the Magic Kingdom
- At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, a warm light will emanate from the Tree of Life thanks to magical fireflies
- New lighting at The Hollywood Tower Hotel at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will evoke the golden age of imagination and adventure
- And at EPCOT, new lights will shine across the reflective panels of Spaceship Earth. The iconic structure’s permanent new lighting will continue beyond ‘The World’s Most Magical Celebration’ as a defining feature of the park.
As hosts of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will also be dressed in sparkling new looks.
More details about “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” will be announced in the future. In the meantime the trade is invited to check out disneyworld.ca/50 and DisneyParksBlog.com, and follow #DisneyWorld50 on social media platforms.