TORONTO — After 320 million-plus steps and 65 days, Visit Utah’s Walker Tracker challenge came to a close last Friday with several participants winning grand prizes.
The 12-week challenge, which utilized the Visit Utah Walker Tracker app, began on Oct. 15 in Salt Lake City and finished in St. George, Utah, passing 25 of Utah’s milestones along the way.
Described as a “completion” challenge and not a race, the event followed a random draw of all completing participants. Following Friday’s conclusion, the grand prize winners have been announced by market.
The winners of the Canadian Challenge, who each won a fam package sponsored by Air Canada, are:
- Valerie Bedard, Voyages A, Quebec, Quebec
- Marie Andree Gaudreau, Authentik USA, Montreal, Quebec
- Nicole Delbert, AMA Travel, Red Deer, Alberta
- Lisa Kaldane, Write the World, Kelowna, British Columbia
Winners were also named in Australia and New Zealand.
All winners will travel on a small-group fam program in 2021, once borders reopen and it is safe to travel again. Prize terms and conditions can be viewed here. All individual winners will be contacted with more details.
During the Canada challenges, a total of 332 participants completed 117 million steps in the Individual challenge, which is equivalent to 5.2 million calories burned and 2.4 trips around the earth. The top steppers were:
- 1st Place: @worlock with 2.16M steps
- 2nd Place: @PoorUnfortunateSoles with 1.97M steps
- 3rd Place: @nhlusman with 1.499M steps
In the Canada team challenge, a total of 156 participants in 49 teams completed 66.3 million steps, which is equivalent to 2.9 million calories burned and 1.3 trips around the earth. The top teams were:
- 1st Place: @Anjuna with 1.18M steps
- 2nd Place: @BaxterMedia with 755K steps
- 3rd Place: @HolyWalkamolies with 754K steps