SEATTLE — Fine dining already exists on cruise ships, but Seabourn hopes to elevate it even further with the launch of its newest ship, Seabourn Ovation, coming in May 2018.
The fifth ultra-luxury vessel in the Seabourn fleet will boast five restaurants, which the cruise line says will rival the world’s finest restaurants. Skilled chefs have been tasked with preparing gourmet dishes using fresh, seasonal ingredients, served either poolside, in the comfort a private veranda or in a more formal setting.
“Seabourn has continuously been recognized for the superb quality of our cuisine, and we will continue our leadership with the launch of Seabourn Ovation,” said Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn. “As the ship spends its maiden season cruising the coasts and exploring the hidden gems of Northern Europe this summer, guests can look forward to a wonderful culinary experience.”
In addition to a selection of dishes inspired by Seabourn’s partnership with Michelin-starred Chef Thomas Keller, passengers can look forward to the following culinary offerings:
- New Artisan Gelato: The ship will feature the line’s new milk- and fruit-based gelato, which will be made fresh daily and served across the vessel. The new gelato program, which includes flavours like Amarena Cherry, Amaretto, Sicilian Pistachio and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, will launch in April on Seabourn Encore and will be available fleetwide by early 2019.
- The Grill by Thomas Keller: Seabourn chefs trained by Chef Keller has created a timeless menu with updated versions of iconic dishes, from Classic Caesar Salad to Lobster Thermidor. The wine list, personally curated by Keller, complements each dish and runs more than 90 domestic and old-world labels.
- Sushi: Hot and cold offerings such as Salmon Tataki and BBQ Eel Maki are available, with service running through the day. This restaurant is only featured on Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Ovation.
- The Restaurant: A fine-dining and open-seating gourmet experience, its extensive menus include everything from Black Truffle Risotto & Poached Egg to Hot Coconut Souffle. On select nights, The Restaurant features a selection of dishes by Thomas Keller as well as favourites from Seabourn’s menu.
- The Colonnade: This casual restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating is the spot for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Special theme nights feature Chef Keller-influenced, family-style dinners that pay homage to the chef’s American childhood.
- The Patio: Located right by the pool, The Patio offers luncheon buffets and a full dinner menu with salads, pastas, soups and grilled specialties, plus freshly baked gourmet pizza. Not to miss: Chef Keller’s signature Napa Burger developed exclusively for Seabourn.
- In-Suite Dining: Passengers can enjoy an extensive menu of gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner items around the clock.
- Cocktail Hour: Seabourn Ovation will feature seven lounges and bars with an accessible open-bar policy to ensure there is never a check to sign. Select venues also offer craft cocktails creative exclusively for Seabourn by world-renowned mixology Brian van Flandern. Every evening guests will also find tapas served in the Observation Bar, and canapés in The Club.
- Seabourn Square: The heart of the ship, Seabourn Square offers freshly baked breakfast treats and afternoon snacks. The baristas onboard also roast coffee fresh each day.
- Afternoon Tea: Served daily in The Observation Bar, Afternoon Tea is a welcome ritual and includes light bites such as scones and cookies.
Seabourn will continue to reveal updates about Seabourn Ovation via its dedicated microsite: ovation.seabourn.com.