Nexion Canada has unveiled MyNexion, its new technology platform that lets Nexion Canada members use tech tools to develop business, with a personal touch, says the host agency.
Mike Foster, CTC, President of Nexion Canada, says MyNexion made its official debut at the CoNexion event over the weekend in New Orleans. myNexion replaces WebView (the former member portal) and also incorporates numerous new features and functions. myNexion is being rolled out in phases over the next six months.
“This year’s CoNexion focuses on ‘thinking big’ and there is nothing bigger in 2017 than our new technology rollout,” said Foster. “What our members can expect with myNexion is a sophisticated level of technology that is truly personalized to the individual member. It brings the vast array of our offerings, knowledge, insight and tools into one simple, intuitive platform.”
Kevin Kimes, VP of Product Management and myNexion Project Leader, says that what the Travel Leaders Group and Nexion technology teams have done is taken a “careful, considered look at what Nexion members truly desire”.
“To make this the most useful program for our members, we have listened to our travel professionals and not only focused on what they need to run their businesses, but kept to our overarching philosophy of Less Technology that Does More,” said Kimes. “We started our initial rollout last month. Over the next several months, Nexion Canada members will gain access to the entirety of myNexion, with in-depth training and support being provided along the way. We are proud to offer Nexion Canada members the new myNexion, and are looking forward to seeing it support our members as they achieve even greater success.”
In July 2017 Nexion Canada introduced the initial offering for myNexion and followed with implementing pinSIGHT 2.0, Travel Leaders Group’s proprietary hotel booking interface.
In the coming weeks, all Nexion Canada members will be able to access myNexion’s CRM platform, which will be fully integrated into Travel Leaders Group’s suite of marketing solutions. These solutions include a new consumer website, lead generation tool, and integrated email and direct mail marketing campaigns.
At the start of 2018 the final phase of myNexion will be presented: myNexion accounting. Members will be able to use myNexion for customer invoicing and accounting, including vendor receipts and payments, billing, corporate account management and complete GDS integrations.
“We chose the name myNexion because it encapsulates what we want to do with this technology upgrade: Allow every Nexion Canada member to be able to have a sophisticated system at their fingertips that meets their individual business needs,” said Foster. “Every travel business is unique, with different clients, different product focus, and different goals. myNexion gives travel professionals the power to use our technology to reach new heights. The valuable part of their Nexion Canada membership means that they can use all these new technology offerings while running their own business and doing their own branding – the power of myNexion remains behind the scenes. We are very excited to see myNexion’s role in our members’ accomplishments.”
Also at CoNexion 2017, Nexion Canada announced the recipients of its annual top travel agent awards. Nexion Canada member agents were honored with Circle of Excellence, Ambassador, Superstar, Rising Star, NexionTown Townie of the Year and Top SNAP! Air Sales awards.
“Nexion Canada is successful due to its members’ success,” said Foster. “Success comes in so many different forms, whether it is sales or helping other members in their businesses. That’s why it is truly an honor to recognize our members with these prestigious awards. As we gather together at CoNexion, it is sincerely inspiring to see all that Nexion Canada agents have accomplished in the last year and will achieve in the coming year.”
Nexion Canada handed out awards to the following recipients:
- Ambassador Award: Anne Brobyn was chosen for the Ambassador Award. An Ambassador is someone who exemplifies what it means to be a Nexion Canada member, in experience, attitude and industry expertise, says Foster.
- Circle of Excellence Award: The Circle of Excellence Award recognizes Nexion Canada members who achieved high sales and business growth with Nexion Canada’s supplier partners. This year, four members of Nexion Canada – Jen Hardy, Chris McHale, Jennifer Schantz and Dorothy Tam – recieved the Circle of Excellence Award.
- NexionTown Townie of the Year: NexionTown is the main online hub for Nexion Canada members to join affinity groups, connect with other members and give and receive advice on nearly any business and travel-related questions. The top ‘Townie’ is someone who has enthusiastically used NexionTown, generously shared their knowledge and provided help to fellow members on the platform. The inaugural award winner was Bernadette Parrott.
- Superstar Award: A Superstar is a Nexion Canada member who represents the travel industry with pride and shows continued growth in their knowledge of the industry. Dorothy Tam (also in the Circle of Excellence) was named the 2017 Nexion Canada Superstar.
- Rising Star Award: For newer Nexion Canada members. Gene Jochen was selected “because of his potential to be among the very best in the travel business”, says Foster.
- Top SNAP! Air Sales Award: An additional Nexion Canada member, Ross Avenell, also received the award for selling the most airline tickets in the proprietary SNAP! (Simple Nexion Air Program).