CAMBRIDGE, ON — Travellers will be able to consult with doctors and even confirm a diagnosis via video with Allianz Global Assistance’s new enhanced assistance capabilities.
The newly launched Virtual Care services and online Claims Portal are now embedded within all products offered across Allianz’ national distribution network of travel agency partners. Both have been designed to elevate the end-to-end customer journey, says Lucy Hathaway, Chief Sales Officer.
“Helping is at the heart of what we do, and while the industry awaits the return of travel we’re following through on our commitment to finding new and innovative ways to be there for customers during the moments that matter most,” she says.
As a key capability of Allianz’s proprietary Guided Care Assistance platform, Virtual Care provides customers with support from qualified MDs in real time via video or tele-conference. It’s accessed through a mobile device tablet or laptop and features services that may include a consultation, medical advice, confirmation of a diagnosis and issuance of a prescription when required. Prescriptions provided during the virtual consultation are sent directly to the pharmacy nearest to the patient’s location.
“The addition of Virtual Care provides our medical team with yet another treatment option for customers with less urgent medical conditions or milder symptoms,” said Kyle Sparkman, Chief Operations Officer at Allianz Global Assistance. “This means more flexibility and convenience for our customers while eliminating long wait times associated with unnecessary emergency room visits, which is particularly relevant to our customers given the experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic this year.”
Allianz’s new user-friendly, secure online Claims Portal is available at allianzassistanceclaims.ca and allows customers to do the following:
- Access the mobile-optimized portal 24/7 from any device or browser
- Create a secure account, to submit claims for all benefit types including non-medical travel benefits (i.e. trip cancellation, interruption, flight delay and baggage loss) and out-of-pocket emergency medical expenses
- Upload all necessary documents to process a claim instead of sending them in via regular mail. Photos of documents taken with a mobile phone are also accepted
- Identify any documents they may have missed
- Save and return to a claim submission they have started but not yet completed
- Check the status of their claim online
For more information go to allianz-assistance.ca/en_CA.html.