Air Canada Vacations almost at a sell-out for Dec. 15-28 travel window

Air Canada Vacations almost at a sell-out for Dec. 15-28 travel window

TORONTO — Clients hoping to snag a sun getaway with Air Canada Vacations over the holidays would be well advised to book now or risk disappointment.

Some 85% of ACV’s stock is already sold out for the peak period of Dec. 15-28, said President and CEO Eamonn Ferrin. “And the remaining 15% is selling very quickly,” he added.

Ferrin updated the travel trade and consumer media on ACV’s product and travel trends at an industry event in Toronto yesterday.

ACV is offering 522 resorts for the 2014-2015 winter season, making it the company’s “biggest and best winter program ever.” Some 47 of the resorts are new additions.

ACV’s recent Buy One, Get One Half Price sale, an EBB for January travel, was extremely successful, added Ferrin. ACV will soon launch a new promotion offering instant savings worth up to $300 per couple for travel February through April.

ACV used yesterday’s event to helped dispel some Canadian travel myths. Although it may seem as though Canadian travellers are tight with a dollar, in fact Canadians rank third in the world for international travel spend per capita, spending an average of US$1,007.

Canadians are also intrepid travellers who are receptive to new destinations, and not just the tried-and-true sun and sand.

And while older Canadians spend a lot on luxury travel, it’s actually Gen Y travellers (born between the early 1980s and the early 2000s) who are seeing the highest increases in luxury travel spend.

More than one million Canadians travelled with Air Canada Vacations last year.

Travel Week Logo

Get travel news right to your inbox!