MONTREAL — Air Canada has launched a brand new online tool that helps streamline all necessary travel documentation, COVID-19 testing requirements and country travel restrictions for customers.
Called ‘Travel Ready Hub,’ the interactive tool features a search widget so that users can access information specific to their situation and itinerary. Its many capabilities include the following:
- Review entry requirements for every country on a customer’s itinerary, including if they are connecting via another country or travelling with an Air Canada airline partner
- If a customer’s travels require a COVID-19 test, the tool will ensure they have the right test (molecular or antigen) taken within the valid time window
- Provide travel advice, particularly related to airport arrival times, given additional checks in place
Travel Ready Hub is now available at aircanada.com/travelready and on the mobile version of the Air Canada website.
“We continue to develop practical solutions to help our customers be travel-ready, wherever they want to go,” said Lucie Guillemette, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer at Air Canada. “This includes assisting them in navigating the changing entry requirements set by countries in our global network by making all relevant information available in one convenient place.
“But beyond making essential travel information readily accessible, our easy-to-use Travel Ready Hub is designed to make is simple for customers to choose where to go next by showing the countries that are open to visitors through an interactive map.”
Air Canada’s Travel Ready Hub is the latest initiative the airline has implemented to streamline the travel process and enhance customer convenience via digital tools. To date, it has put in place the following measures:
- Ongoing restoration and strategic rebuilding of its international, transborder and domestic network to conveniently reunite people with friends and family, together with flexible and expanded change and cancellation options for bookings;
- A new digital solution via the Air Canada App and website, enabling customers flying between Canada and select countries to conveniently and securely scan and upload COVID-19 test results to validate compliance with government travel requirements prior to arriving at the airport;
- Numerous streamlined processes, from several check-in options via web, mobile or airport self-serve kiosk, Touch-Free Bag Check and Bag Drop services, digital presentation of all reading materials via PressReader on personal devices. In the lounge, meals can be ordered and delivered straight to the table through the new Maple Leaf Lounge @ la table service, with additional opportunities to further modernize processes underway;
- The award-winning Air Canada CleanCare+ program, featuring enhanced biosafety measures throughout every stage of air travel from check-in to lounges to boarding to on-board, which includes highly efficient HEPA air filters on aircraft;
- As of Oct. 31, 2021, Air Canada is requiring all its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, further ensuring the safety and well-being of customers and employees.