MONTREAL — Air Canada has released a brand new video in support of Team Canada’s journey to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The video, titled ‘Rise Higher,’ kicks off the airline’s comprehensive Olympics program that also includes a contest with roundtrip tickets, virtual experiences, Q&A sessions with Team Canada athletes and more.
Ahead of the start of the Olympic Games on July 23, Air Canada began flying Team Canada athletes, coaches and support staff from Toronto and Vancouver to Japan on July 1 onboard a 787 Dreamliner decked out in special livery.
“As a proud supporter of Team Canada going to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games, we are transporting more than 740 Olympians and Paralympians, coaches and support staff,” said Andrew Shibata, Vice President – Brand at Air Canada. “The Canadian and Paralympic teams represent the very best of Canada when they fly our country’s flag at the world’s foremost sports competition, and in support and celebration of our country’s athletes, we created a special ‘Fly the Flag’ livery to honour them.”
The new video will be featured during the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony broadcast, and is being released concurrently online via Air Canada’s social media channels.
Other initiatives of the campaign will include the following:
- In collaboration with CBC/Radio-Canada, Canadians can share how they #FlytheFlag/#HautLeDrapeau for a chance to win two roundtrip tickets to anywhere Air Canada flies in North America, or a spot to participate in one of six exclusive virtual experiences where they will have a unique opportunity to talk to athletes live from Tokyo.
- Canadian fans can interact with some athletes and be among the first to welcome them back home while they are onboard their Air Canada flight through one of five Twitter Q&A sessions hosted by Team Canada. Details on how to participate will be posted via Team Canada’s social channels.
- Support athletes travelling from major airports across Canada with Air Canada’s own employee-driven initiative that involves the collaboration and dedicated efforts of Air Canada employees to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Individual care kits for athletes that include Canadian-made travel essentials to make their flight more comfortable, a complimentary Wi-Fi streaming pass courtesy of our partner Intelsat, and Aeroplan points.
- Complimentary 35K status for all athletes, including free checked bags through the Aeroplan Elite Podium Program.
- A special seat sale from Canada to all destinations Air Canada flies to. Seats are available for booking now, with further details at aircanada.com.
“We are so proud to have Air Canada fly our team to and from Tokyo 2020 this summer. After a difficult year, we know our athletes will be ready to compete thanks to the world-class comfort and professionalism that Air Canada brings to every flight,” said Jacquie Ryan, Chief Brand & Commercial Officer of the Canadian Olympic Committee.
Catherine Gosselin-Després, Executive Director, Sport of the Canadian Paralympic Committee, added: “Thank you to Air Canada for all of its support leading into Tokyo 2020. Boarding the flight to the host city is a significant part of the overall experience and the unofficial start of the Games for most, and we are confident our athletes, coaches, and support staff will feel comfortable en route to Tokyo thanks to Air Canada.”
Air Canada has been a sponsor of the Canadian Olympic Team since 1988 and a sponsor of the Canadian Paralympic Team since 2007.