Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts’ bookings from the Canadian market for fall 2021/22 “are looking better already”, with more bookings for Q1 2022, says Chief Operating Officer, Antonio Teijeiro, in this edition of Take 5.
- What are you hearing from guests returning for their long-awaited and much-anticipated vacations with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts?
“We have only received positive feedback and praise, with comments about how much they’ve enjoyed being outdoors, relaxing on the beach or pool and thanking us for taking all necessary measures to offer them a safe vacation.”
- What are you seeing from the Canadian market specifically, in terms of forward bookings for winter 2021-2022?
“For obvious reasons, until recently demand for the Caribbean was nonexistent in Canada, due to the restrictions imposed by the government during the most part of the pandemic. This summer, however, it has slowly started to increase and numbers for fall 2021/22 are looking better already, with more bookings for Q1 2022. We know Canadians love to travel, and the pent-up demand to sun destinations is enormous. We are encouraged by the recuperation we are seeing in the Canadian market, and we hope that 2022 will bring a significant growth.”
- Do you have reopening dates that you can share with us for any remaining Mexico, D.R. or Jamaica resorts that haven’t reopened yet?
“At this time, 10 of our 19 resorts in the region are already open and fully operational, following all health and safety protocol recommended by global health officials and in compliance with local mandates.
“In addition, six more hotels are scheduled to re open by the end of the year, as follows: Nov. 1, 2021 – Bahia Principe Luxury Bouganville, Bahia Principe Grand Bavaro, Bahia Principe Luxury Samana and Bahia Principe Luxury Sian Ka’an; Nov. 15, 2021- Bahia Principe Grand Aquamarine; Dec. 15, 2021 – Bahia Principe Grand La Romana.”
- You recently revamped your travel agent loyalty program and platform, Bahia Principe Rewards. What news would you like to share about those upgrades?
“Bahia Principe Rewards is a loyalty program designed for professionals and travel agents. We have improved the ‘look and feel’ of the website, making it more attractive, and we have also adapted some of the terms and conditions to the new global situation …
- Loyalty points do not expire this year and are redeemable at any time.
- The required points to redeem nights have been reduced and unified by brand.
- Agents can register reservations starting on the first day of the sale and up to three months after their clients’ have checked in at a Bahia Principe property.
- Travel agent partners may begin to enjoy rates with up to 30% off per person on their own bookings.
- Cancellation fees and point penalties on agent bookings will now be waived until the agent’s arrival day.
- Bahia Principe Rewards’ support desk has been expanded across new platforms; partners may now reach customer service via email, WhatsApp and using the online contact form found on the website.”
- What’s your message to Canadian travel agents right now?
“We want to tell our travel agent community that we are ready and eager to welcome Canadian travellers at all our hotels. They can rest assured that we will be taking care of them with the quality standards Bahia Principe is known for and with all safety and protocols in place. Canada has always been a very important market for our hotels, as well as travel agents, and we don’t foresee any changes in that regard.”