Having a memorable vacation requires countless pre-trip preparations that are important to guarantee an enjoyable, safe getaway.
Everything from transportation, entry requirements, sleeping arrangements, dinner reservations, outdoor excursions, cultural activities, and much more must be arranged in advance.
However, don’t neglect to throw your health into that mix! Travel health is just as vital to the pre-departure preparations as making sure you have a current passport and a plane ticket.
Luckily, you can get all of your travel health needs taken care of in one convenient and easy stop.
Passport Health (PassportHealthGlobal.com) is the largest provider of travel medicine and immunization services in North America, with over 230 travel clinics and 20-plus years of experience delivering first class medical care.
Our rigorously trained medical staff delivers nothing short of first class care and customer service, which continues to exceed immunization industry standards. We offer our clients the most up-to-date travel medicine advice and provide personalized travel health consultations for any type of traveler. We have everything a traveler needs in just one stop.
People often look to their travel agents to advise them on all aspects of their trip, including health risks and preventive actions they should take. Although the role of travel and tourism industry professionals is not to provide personal medical consultations, mentioning that health risks exist and referring travellers to a Passport Health Clinic is an appropriate action that can serve as a differentiating factor between travel agencies.
By making clients aware that they need pre-travel medical advice, you are more completely preparing them for international travel and providing a truly concierge quality service by addressing a need the traveller may have been unaware of previously.
Here are five top reasons that a travel health appointment will guarantee a safer, more fun trip
- Vaccines help protect against a number of serious and even deadly diseases that are found in many developing countries. Even though these diseases may not exist in Canada, they pose serious health threats overseas.
- Vaccines help prevent the chance of overseas travellers bringing a disease back home with them after exposure abroad, and prevent the chance of it spreading particularly quickly among the non-vaccinated population.
- Securing travel medical insurance, offered at a travel health appointment, before departure makes travel much less stressful with the knowledge that you will be covered in the event of an unforeseen medical emergency.
- Receiving immunizations can save time and money. Some vaccine-preventable disease can result in prolonged disability and can take a financial toll. Even a less severe case of an illness means time away from work and visits to the doctor’s office.
- A travel health kit, available for purchase at all Passport Health clinics, gives travellers the supplies needed to manage pre-existing medical conditions, prevent illness related to travelling and take care of minor health problems as they may occur overseas. By bringing this kit, travellers can avoid having to find and purchase these items in their destination.
Passport Health currently operates four conveniently located travel health clinics in the Greater Toronto Area, one in Barrie, one in Kitchener, and one in Ottawa.
Passport Health’s locations
1977 Avenue Road, #201
North York, ON M5M 4A1
2 Champagne Dr., #A4 Rm. 11
Toronto, ON M3J 2C5
44 Victoria Street, # 818
Toronto, ON M5C 1Y2
10212 Yonge St., #208
Richmond Hill, ON L4C 3B6
1701 Woodward Dr., # LL-19
Ottawa, ON K2C 0R4
Kitchener / Waterloo clinic
684 Belmont Ave W, #304
Kitchener, ON N2M 1N6
121 Wellington St. W, #309
Barrie, ON L4N 1L2
Be sure to remind all of your clients of the many benefits of traveling protected!