There’s only one thing that we all have exactly the same amount of: time. But so often it slips past with nothing accomplished. Find yourself sitting on hold with a supplier? Waiting for a webinar to start? Here are some fun ways to keep productive and successful with as little as five minutes.
1. Refresh your To Do list. This will give you the chance to ditch the tasks completed while reminding you of what’s still there – and what’s a priority. Another way to declutter your life and your mind in 5 minutes is to clear out a desk drawer.
2. Drop a card of thanks to a supplier, a client or even – imagine! – your host agency. Snail mail may just be one of the most attention-getting, cheap and underestimated ways of communicating these days.
3. Go onto YouTube and learn something, whether it’s about a favourite cruise line or a how-to.
4. Time permitting, get up from your desk and go outside for a breath of fresh air. You’ll find it’s surprisingly invigorating. Not possible? Ten jumping jacks may be just the ticket to get the blood flowing.
5. Pick up the phone. Call a client you haven’t heard from for a while. At the very least you’ll remind them you are there, and at the very most you may plant the seeds for a new booking!
Lynda Sinclair, CTM, is the Senior Vice-President – Leisure at Vision Travel, which has an ever-expanding and vibrant program for independent agents. With over 60 years in the Canadian retail travel industry Vision “lives and breathes what goes on at the front line.” Lynda can be reached at email@example.com.