There’s nothing like the dawn of a new year to rethink your business so you are working smarter (not longer hours) and more profitably (rather than spinning your wheels). How’s this for a starting point?
1) Always take time to market yourself. Even if it’s 10 to 15 minutes per day. Make it a routine part of your day so that it becomes second nature.
2) Learn social media and use it however it best fits with your style of business.
3) Read the travel section of your local paper to ensure you know what is being advertised to your local clients.
4) Attend at least one supplier training or event a month. If there are none in your area, be sure to contact your key BDMs even if to remind them of a nice booking you made or update them on the status of a group you’re working on.
5) Take a webinar once a week on a product or destination.
6) Talk to everyone you know about the travel industry and how travel advisors have an edge over the Internet.
7) Think about developing a niche area to specialize in.
8) Think about hosting a group or creating a group in conjunction with the specialty you are keen on.
9) ASK for the business.
10) Travel, travel, travel. Nothing helps you sell more than having the experience.