To help travel agents reassure client concerns about the Coronavirus, TICO has issued a special Registrar Bulletin that includes relevant tips and information.
TORONTO – Travel website SleepingInAirports.net has published its annual list of Worst Airports in the World for 2015 and the results aren’t pretty – literally.
Voters were asked to rate their airport experiences based on services & facilities, cleanliness, customer service and comfort. When all votes were tallied, Port Harcourt International Airport in Nigeria (PHC) came out on top, winning the unfortunate distinction of being the worst of the bunch. In addition to comments about lack of seating, broken air conditioning and having a tent double as an Arrivals Hall, it was also suggested that Port Harcourt win the title of “most corrupt airport in the world.”
The full list is as follows:
1. Port Harcourt International Airport, Nigeria (PHC)
2. Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport, Saudi Arabia (JED)
3. Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, Nepal (KTM)
4. Tashkent International Airport, Uzbekistan (TAS)
5. Caracas Simón Bolívar International Airport, Venezuela (CCS)
6. Port au Prince Toussaint Louverture International Airport, Haiti (PAP)
7. Kabul Hamid Karzai International Airport, Afghanistan (KBL)
8. Ho Chi Minh City Tân Son Nhât International Airport, Vietnam (SGN)
9. Islamabad Benazir Bhutto International Airport, Pakistan (ISB)
10. Paris Beauvais-Tille International Airport outside Paris, France (BVA)
On the flip side, SleepingInAirports.net also published the Best Airports in the World for 2015, a list that airports actually want to be on. According to the site, these stellar terminals “go above and beyond when it comes to providing a clean and comfortable travel experience, complete with services and facilities you might not even imagine.”
This year’s list is once again dominated by Asian airports, but Vancouver International Airport did manage to squeeze its way in as Canada’s lone entry. However, it will have to do much more to topple the mighty Singapore Changi International Airport in Singapore, which has held onto its top position for nearly two decades. Once again, voters hailed the airport for its luxurious layover amenities, which include a fish spa, sauna, butterfly garden, showers and even a koi pond. And if that weren’t enough to impress, it also boasts a multi-storey slide, a gym, free movie theatre and free city tours.
The full list is as follows:
1. Singapore Changi International Airport, Singapore (SIN)
2. Seoul Incheon International Airport, South Korea (ICN)
3. Tokyo Haneda International Airport, Japan (HND)
4. Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, Taiwan (TPE)
5. Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong (HKG)
6. Munich International Airport, Germany (MUC)
7. Helsinki Airport, Finland (HEL)
8. Vancouver International Airport, Canada, (YVR)
9. Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia (KUL)
10. Zurich Kloten International Airport, Switzerland (ZRH)
To read more about the Best and Worst Airports in the World, visit sleepinginairports.net/2015/best-airports-world.htm.