ACTA accepting nominations for 2019 ACTA Air Canada Awards
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
TORONTO — Nominations are now being accepted for the ACTA Air Canada Awards, which showcase the accomplishments and dedication of ACTA members.
The awards will be given to those who have proven their excellence across a broad range of categories. Recipients will be selected by a panel of jurors appointed by ACTA, and will be honoured at an awards ceremony held at Travel MarketPlace, in Toronto, on June 12.
The six categories are:
- Leisure Travel Agent: Recognizes a travel agent who shows versatility, innovation and has extensive knowledge of many travel options available to their clients. This individual has exemplary customer service skills, the ability to keep the client excited about planning their dream holiday, and always delivers.
- Corporate Travel Agent: Recognizes a travel agent who delivers excellent service to clients, living up to expectations and demands in a timely and efficient manner. This individual must have an excellent understanding of client’s needs from a global perspective, including transportation, destination knowledge, policies, visas, and many other travel requirements.
- Tomorrow’s Leader: Recognizes a young professional who shows potential as a leader of our industry. The individual will have a keen interest in issues that influence the future of travel and is a role model for other young professionals.
- Maguire-Wamsley Award: Recognizes the individual who achieves the highest combined mark on the ACTA Certified Travel Manager (CTM) exam and case studies, who also works in an ACTA member agency.
- Ches Chard Award: This award was established in memory of Ches Chard, who played a key role in developing numerous educational programs within the industry and was instrumental in establishing the first travel school in the Atlantic Provinces. The recipient will be an individual, a travel agency or a group of travel agencies that has demonstrated a significant commitment to professionalism, education and training and excellence in human resources management.
- Gerald Heifetz Trailblazer Award: This award was established in memory of Gerald Heifetz, who established many of the laws that currently govern the Canadian travel and airline industry. He was also instrumental in the foundation of ACTA and CITC. The recipient will be an individual or organization who in the most recent year has had a significant and positive impact on the role, status and sustainability of the Canadian Travel Industry.
Businesses or individuals can nominate themselves or others for consideration using the Nomination Form, which can be downloaded here: http://www.acta.ca/advisory/2019/pdf/Nomination%20Form%202019%20.pdf
Forms can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. All awards require submission of a brief biography to support the nomination in order to demonstrate how the nominee meets the criteria for the award. Finalists from each region will then participate in the ACTA / Air Canada Awards where a judging panel appointed by ACTA, will select one award-winner for each category.
For more information contact Deanna Mills at email@example.com.