Any time a country or region imposes any sort of visa stipulation - even if it’s a waiver - the travel industry sighs a collective groan, knowing the obstacles and headaches to come.
MIAMI — Who better than a Spice Girl to give the stamp of approval on a Rock Star suite?
Virgin Voyages, which is gearing up for its inaugural sail onboard the Scarlet Lady on April 1, 2020, has enlisted Ginger Spice, née Geri Halliwell (now Horner) to test-drive its brand new ‘Gorgeous Suite’, one of the ship’s most glamourous cabins.
Horner, a long-time friend of Virgin Group Founder Sir Richard Branson, enjoyed the full ‘RockStar’ experience and is seen on an official video spinning records, reading Branson’s book, rocking out with a guitar and indulging in some bubbly.
So are the suites up to rock star standards? Horner gave them two thumbs up!
“Virgin Voyages’ RockStar Suites are the perfect blend of luxury, glamour and a little bit of rock and roll opulence, exactly the way I like to enjoy my holidays,” she said. “After thorough testing, I think it’s safe to say these suites are rockstar-worthy and ready for Scarlet Lady’s debut next year. Everyone deserves to feel like a rockstar at some point in their lives. You’re in for a real treat!”
On what it meant to have Geri onboard, Branson said: “The RockStar Suites celebrate Virgin’s musical heritage and how I got my start in the music industry. Geri and the spice Girls were a wonderful part of that so I can’t imagine anyone better suited to give our RockStar Suites a whirl. Geri certainly looked like she had a great time! I’m very excited for our sailors on Scarlet Lady to feel like rockstars too.”
With only 78 RockStar Suites aboard the Scarlet Lady, among them are 15 Mega RockStarSuites, aptly named the Massive Suites, Fab Suites, Post Suites and Gorgeous Suites.
And just announced, Virgin Voyages will have a dedicated hair and makeup crew available upon request to allow passengers to always look red-carpet-ready.
Other newly announced offerings in Mega RockStar suites include:
• All-inclusive access to premium drinks in all bars and eateries onboard
• Free personalized bottomless in-room bar
• Complimentary access to Redemption Spa’s Thermal Suite, featuring a hydrotherapy pool, mud room, salt room, cold plunge pools and quartz beds
• Complimentary laundry service
• A Peek-A-View outdoor shower
• Upgraded premium WiFi with streaming
These new offerings complement the robust existing benefits of all RockStar Suites Sailors, which include:
• Luxe private transfers to and from the ship in Miami
• Exclusive express pathway to the ship during embarkation
• Access to Richard’s Rooftop, RockStar Suite Sailor’s very own VIP private club
• Access to an exclusive VIP area at The Beach Club at Bimini
• Wardrobe team to help unpack and repack
• Complimentary pressing service
• Nightly express swimsuit drying service
• Premium linens
• Upgraded bath amenities
For more information go to virginvoyages.com.