“I wanted to be my own boss”: the top 5 reasons to go home-based
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
The Travel Agent Next Door asked some of its 300+ travel agents why they decided to become a home-based agent and go into business for themselves.
Agents were also asked why they chose The Travel Agent Next Door and what they would recommend most about The Travel Agent Next Door to other agents.
This column features Arlene Gibbons of Mt. Pearl, Newfoundland.
Arlene Gibbons of Mt. Pearl, Newfoundland.
Why I became a home-based travel agent
- I wanted to be my own boss
- Time and freedom. When you are home based, you can work as much as you want, when you want. You can set your own hours!
- No commuting to an office as there would be when you work in a bricks and mortar location.
- I can service my clients one at a time. I have more time to work with them at a time that is convenient for them.
- I am never alone. I always have the full support of a head office plus a network of all our agents coast to coast. We can brainstorm and support each other.
Why I joined The Travel Agent Next Door
- The reputations of the founder and the head office staff. I trusted the folks behind the name.
- The commission split. It is one of the highest in the industry for home-based agents. Plus the great preferred and approved supplier list.
- Support. When I joined I knew that there would be support for me. And all of the agents in the network are working to one common goal: success!
The top 3 benefits that I would recommend to other agents
- Support. The head office at The Travel Agent Next Door is fabulous and and they have 300+ agents to support.
- Commission split is great.
- You have the ability to add associate agents to your agency.
Are you a home-based agent?
This article appears in Sphere, Travelweek’s monthly e-newsletter for home-based agents.
Subscribe to Sphere, click here.
Latest posts by Jill Wykes (see all)