“I could not have provided this kind of personalized service in an office environment”
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
The Travel Agent Next Door asked some of its 300+ travel agents why they decided to become a home-based agent and go into business for themselves.
Agents were also asked why they chose The Travel Agent Next Door and what they would recommend most about The Travel Agent Next Door to other agents.
This column features Amanda Ficzere, The Travel Agent Next Door, L’Orignal, ON.
The top 5 reasons I joined The Travel Agent Next Door:
- I started my career in a retail agency. It was a constant struggle to adhere to business hours as well as attend to my family’s needs. I was more and more booking my appointments after hours.
- As a home-based agent I can provide a more personalized experience with my clients, while balancing my home life.
- Now, I never miss a soccer game or school play.
- My clients love that I go to them and give them as much time as they need to plan their vacation.
- I could not have provided this kind of personalized service in an office environment.
The top 3 benefits of being part of The Travel Agent Next Door
- The marketing program is fantastic. We have people behind the scenes constantly providing us with new and innovative ways for us to promote and grow our business.
- Low monthly fees cover all of the marketing including our own website, and full access to the extranet with all tools we need as agents to run our business.
- The Travel Agent Next Door is a company that was built on many years of experience with Flemming Friisdahl and Penny Martin, who have worked very hard to secure strong industry relationships which benefit all of us agents.
Jill Wykes is a travel industry veteran who has held a series of senior management portfolios in travel corporations. A former chairman of the Travel Industry Council of Ontario, she is now an independent communications consultant and writer since retiring in 2011.
Latest posts by Jill Wykes (see all)